Stacks:
UTG Hero ($100BB) 100bb
UTG+1 igoryashka13 ($57BB) 57bb
CO senator m/v ($50BB) 50bb
BTN wolfjul ($100BB) 100bb
SB Grünländer ($82BB) 82bb
BB kaffe13 ($95.4BB) 95bb

Pre-Flop: (1.4BB, 6 players) Hero is UTG K:heart: A:heart:
Hero raises to 3BB, igoryashka13 calls 3BB, senator m/v calls 3BB, 2 folds, kaffe13 calls 2BB
Flop: 9:heart: 9:spade: Q:diamond: ($12.4BB, 4 players)

kaffe13 checks, Hero checks, igoryashka13 checks, senator m/v checks

Turn: 10:heart: ($12.4BB, 4)
kaffe13 checks, Hero bets 6BB, igoryashka13 calls 6BB, senator m/v goes all-in 47BB, kaffe13 folds, Hero folds, igoryashka13 folds
Final Pot: $71.4BB

No info on villains expecting CO to be a rec.
Is betting turn fine having 2 overcards, FD and gutshot? Thanks

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like checking flop. 4-handed, two overcards and some backdoor stuff isn't strong enough to c-bet, unless you know that the pool is really nitty and you can get a lot of folds, even from weak Qx.

I am fine with the turn bet. You don't want to let this turn into on of those weird hands where it checks around twice and then somebody rivers a wacky pair like a 7 or something. If this happens the river can get weird. You won't know anything about the other player's holdings and can get yourself in trouble.

Obviusly the fold is fine, villain probably was trying to slowplay 9x and got excited when somebody bet.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In hindsight this worked out best post-flop, but otherwise I would usually open higher with AKs to prevent questionable hands from participating. Once it was four handed and the AK didn't connect, the rest was a pretty straight forward check fold to me for a standard line. The equity doesn't work out against the all in on the turn.

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In hindsight this worked out best post-flop, but otherwise I would usually open higher with AKs to prevent questionable hands from participating. Once it was four handed and the AK didn't connect, the rest was a pretty straight forward check fold to me for a standard line. The equity doesn't work out against the all in on the turn.

I disagree with changing the bet amount based on what hand you have. That can give away hand strength information to those that pay attention

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if a 3BB raise repeatedly would give a 4way pot, the preflop raise needs to be bigger.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with changing the bet amount based on what hand you have. That can give away hand strength information to those that pay attention

At micro stakes you can deviate your raise size. I can tell you from having sweated tons of grinders that are micro and small stakes players for over 14+ years, they aren't paying close enough attention. And most are multi-tabling and missing most of the action of hands they aren't in either.

As played, the action looks fine. Betting the turn is fine, fold is correct.

And yes, if you're playing at a table and getting lots of calls, you should increase your open size. That's just good poker.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to 8bod8 and johns comments.

A lot (most) of bad rec players aren't even going to notice when you change a raise size. Those that do notice usually aren't even good enough to use the information. They are playing 1st level poker: "what are my cards?"

If you were playing at high stakes with sophisticated players? Then you are going to get expoilted. For sure. But at nl5 it is a value-game and go ahead and max what you can get with strong hands.

At low stakes max-expolitative works better than GTO (at least thats what I have read and learned.) Go for value.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you don't properly size your bets with AK, not only will you get sucked out by trash hands more often but you will also get less value when your AK does hit. It is a fine balance.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's not a strong draw to me, you hit the draw on the turn witch reduces your odds of hitting it and your on a paired board witch reduces your odds off wining the hand even if you hit your draw. for me not much to gain from this hand, it's a fold.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: what the hell so many callers. Will plan to play tighter on the flop given out of position.

Flop: Check/fold flop. There are a lot of 9 in the late positions' range. And your hands still cannot develop to a strong hand even on the river you hit a K or A.

Turn: After the checking on the flop, if the BTN get a 9, he should bet to get called by QX, KK, AA or TJs, maybe some JJ. But in a 4 way pot checking is still a good choice to me. Once no one folds, how will you decide on the river? You may have some outs but given so many opponents in the pot and some opponents may still checking the 9, it is tough to put the money in here. I would like to bet when the pot is a 2 or 3 way pot.

Turn: The board is becoming wet. You bet, get called by the MP, get jammed by the CO. The only hand you can beat here is a few lower suited connector bluffing like 6h7h, QhJh. You blocked most of the AXs and KXs combos, which makes his bluffing combos less. He could have J8s, KJs, TT. His jamming is more like a value jamming.

Just fold this hand.

S

synkro7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for your time and help

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was necessary to bet in the continuation after the flop in order to have at least some idea of the strength of the opponent's hand. After a big re-raise, the fold would be much easier.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't really like the turn bet. I get it you have overcards, gutshot, nut flush draw etc. but you are 4 handed and it's likely one of the other three players has something as well.

As played the turn fold to the raise is perfectly fine. We're crushed by 9x, KJ, QT, etc.

CheesyToast

CheesyToast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could have bet this flop at about 5 or 6 BB, to thin the field when you've got decent equity against a lot of their calling range (Qx). They might not even check raise with some 9s! The turn bet as played was -fine-, but I wouldn't expect a lot of fold equity from it-- you're mostly just trying to build the pot, I guess? Even so, with a paired board, you're going to have some hard decisions when they shove on you even after you've made a flush or a straight.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop check is good and I would prefer to even check on the turn. The board is in my opinion to connected to high cards to expect that you have sufficient fold equity against 3 other players on this board.

I rather check and hope it checks through and realize the draw equity on the river.