$5 NLHE 6-max: Should i have called 3 bet, i think fold is good. Am i going to hit my hand enough

B

bachfonic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: Should i have called 3 bet, i think fold is good. Am i going to hit my hand enough

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 50/35/3

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD 2 Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem 0.05(BB)
HERO ($5.27) [VPIP: 18.2% | PFR: 14.4% | AGG: 24.2% | Flop Agg: 27% | Turn Agg: 23% | River Agg: 22.6% | 3-Bet: 3.2% | 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 4023]
BTN ($2.61) [VPIP: 22.9% | PFR: 16.7% | AGG: 33.3% | hands: 48]
SB ($6.82) [VPIP: 50% | PFR: 34.6% | AGG: 38.7% | Flop Agg: 53.8% | Turn Agg: 40% | River Agg: 16.7% | 3-Bet: 10% | Fold to 3-Bet: 100% | 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 27]
BB ($3) [VPIP: 27.8% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 8.3% | Hands: 18]
HJ ($4.90) [VPIP: 70.6% | PFR: 11.8% | AGG: 20% | Flop Agg: 15.4% | Turn Agg: 14.3% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Hands: 17]

Dealt to Hero: J:heart: A:heart:

HJ Calls $0.05, HERO Raises To $0.25, BTN Folds, SB Raises To $0.85, BB Folds, HJ Calls $0.80, HERO Calls $0.60

Hero SPR on Flop: [1.56 effective]
Flop ($2.60): 3:heart: T:club: J:club:
SB Bets $1.24 (Rem. Stack: $4.73), HJ Calls $1.24 (Rem. Stack: $2.81), HERO Folds

Turn ($5.08): 3:heart: T:club: J:club: 9:diamond:
SB Bets $4.73 (allin), HJ Calls $2.81 (allin)

River ($12.62): 3:heart: T:club: J:club: 9:diamond: 6:spade:

SB shows: K:diamond: K:club:
HJ shows: 8:club: Q:club:

HJ wins: $10.17

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
folding here seema reasonable given the call from the opponent acting before you. i would also assume one of the two has an over pair. good fold.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that calling the 3 bet pf with position, and with the 3rd player in the hand is bad. The 3rd player improves your implied odds should you hit a monster.

Given the action on the flop, I think that folding your naked top pair/no draw is also good.

I would say you showed good discipline on the flop, and played the hand well.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fine as played. You may have improved on the turn but the board texture was not favourable and you would be praying for a runner runner flush or full house, which I don't think you have enough equity to justify given the betting action.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think here you can take advantage of your position and fold preflop. You are clearly announcing a strong range and then the 3-bet of V1 (SB) represents a true monster.
Don't think I'm results-oriented. I just think the SB will be in the worst position post-flop, so putting myself in V1's shoes, I would like to isolate myself with a player who seems to play a lot of hands preflop (I mean V2 or HJ). And the best way to isolate yourself here is with a premium hand of type AA or KK (even QQ could try that too). I think that in these types of places it is very important to use our position, since it is part of the game and definitely eliminates critical points that may contain more variance, when we enter MWB.
On the flop your fold seems reasonable to me. The fact that the player SB attacked confirm the absolute strength of his hand, or the perceived strength of his range. And the call of HJ shows us that he probably has better hands in his range and also better implied odds for the next few streets. But the central idea must be to get ahead on the game and use all the important tools to make decisions.
Greetings.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think here you can take advantage of your position and fold preflop. You are clearly announcing a strong range and then the 3-bet of V1 (SB) represents a true monster.
Don't think I'm results-oriented. I just think the SB will be in the worst position post-flop, so putting myself in V1's shoes, I would like to isolate myself with a player who seems to play a lot of hands preflop (I mean V2 or HJ). And the best way to isolate yourself here is with a premium hand of type AA or KK (even QQ could try that too). I think that in these types of places it is very important to use our position, since it is part of the game and definitely eliminates critical points that may contain more variance, when we enter MWB.
On the flop your fold seems reasonable to me. The fact that the player SB attacked confirm the absolute strength of his hand, or the perceived strength of his range. And the call of HJ shows us that he probably has better hands in his range and also better implied odds for the next few streets. But the central idea must be to get ahead on the game and use all the important tools to make decisions.
Greetings.

I guess this brings up the question of when we would choose to call to see a flop then in these instances. Are we really going to limit it to AA and KK, or should a hand like AQs, AJs, and even Qxs like the eventual winner be coming along to see the first three cards?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess this brings up the question of when we would choose to call to see a flop then in these instances. Are we really going to limit it to AA and KK, or should a hand like AQs, AJs, and even Qxs like the eventual winner be coming along to see the first three cards?

Between the calling limper and the SB that bet we don't really expect to always be very far ahead. We could be playing against another similar hand at best. Unless we think that SB is very wide range. But I should have this information about the SB to know more.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Between the calling limper and the SB that bet we don't really expect to always be very far ahead. We could be playing against another similar hand at best. Unless we think that SB is very wide range. But I should have this information about the SB to know more.
Isn't the whole point of poker to build pots and realize equity in spots where your opponents overplay their strong cards? I would think that once HJ comes along without 4betting, that gives us everything we need to join in and see the flop.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't the whole point of poker to build pots and realize equity in spots where your opponents overplay their strong cards? I would think that once HJ comes along without 4betting, that gives us everything we need to join in and see the flop.

If you raise 5x and then SB 3-bet to 3.4x and HJ keeps calling, it is better to take advantage of your position and look elsewhere. In this case, the one seeking isolation was SB. That is a very important information that we can take advantage of when we have a position. If you like to call you can, but you'll be way behind when your equity doesn't materialize on the flop.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: raise to 4x, 5x is too big, ok-ish at best.

I make a tight fold vs 3bet: SB isn't 3betting wide OOP multi-way often.

Flatting pre to go multi-way post in a bloated 3bet pot is a good way to burn money. We're playing hit-or-miss postflop.

F: as played, it's close, but I call one more time. This is problem with our preflop line: we "hit" but we're nowhere near strong enough to do anything but call again.

I guess folding is fine, but I won't ever find myself in this spot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker