RUSH/ZOOM POKER HAND - 6 handed

(UTG) Hero Stack: $5.84
(BUTTON) Villain Stack: $2.53
Hero opens with TdTs to 20¢.
Villain calls.

FLOP - 9dKhTh - $0.47 pot

Hero continues for 35¢.Villain calls.

TURN - 9dKhTh-Ah $1.17 pot
Hero is concerned about completed flush or straight potential, but knows he still has equity if he is actually behind. Hero continues for 50¢ into pot. Villain calls.

RIVER - 9dKhTh-Ah-4s $2.17 pot

Hero checks. Villain checks back.

• Should Hero check the turn, went for more value, or 50¢ is an acceptable bet?
  • Should Hero bet the river or is checking acceptable?

HAND DETAILS:
79d7466cad7f641fb7448df8ab92c05e.png
391b57ffd7e30ad741f02df45e7ce4d9.png

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of position, I'm not sure how you could have played it any different. Yes there is value if the villain had a made hand on the turn, but you made the prudent check and were rewarded.

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I like this line. You could bet again on the river, since you are likely check-calling a jam anyway, but I'd rather check-call a jam than bet-call a jam. If that makes sense...

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre is fine, i usually use 4x when i open a pot as well.

Flop is interesting, super wet. QJ already has the nut str8, but other than those 16 combos we are ahead against a range that will consist mostly of flush draws and perhaps even a 2 pair combo that is playing passively every now and then.

Turn, this really only brings in the flush. QJ already had the str8 so if we thought we were were not up against a flopped str8, we are only afraid of 2 hearts.

Let;s think about his flush combos: The best flush he can have (other than QJ for the absolute nuts) Is Qh9h. I would expect that hand to (maybe) 3-bet pre. That is how i would play it from the button vs UTG if i thought i had some fold equity. JhXh is the second nut, more combos of this as a bttn flat range will be much more inclined to have stuff like J7s. If he holds 2 low hearts, he is still slightly worried, as there are plenty of bad river for him.

I like to fire again on the turn. Size this up to maybe 75 though, simply as continueing for 5 then going for 50 (under 1/2 pot) looks really weak and v can bluff at it and put us in hot water.

River, sweet! If we thought we were ahead on the turn then we are still good. Fire another bet, i size around 1.50 or so. A lot of people make the mistake in spots like this of going small, like 1/2 pot, which invites v to come over the top as a bluff, and for value, and so you are put in a really crappy situation.

I cant open spoilers for some reason, but i expcet that we won this hand if v checked back, i think he has maybe A9, the final T9 combo. Am i right?

Full Flush Poker