$5 NLHE 6-max: Overplayed flushed flop King high?

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/224KzuqG1

hi there, poker friends. This time I'm cracking my head trying to understand if I played well this hand.

I really was sure that I was the best hand from the beginning till the end. I though that the set and the fullhouse was possible due to the V just snap call in BTN in preflop. But... why bet so low in the flop with sets? And then, bet stronger in the turn with poker/four of a kind????? That completely confused me, I admit. And then, I thought it was a bluff, he was triying to scare me with something as TT, JJ, AQo trying to get the flush to A.

Also, it was really hard to believe that incredible poker/four-of-a-kind in the turn! it was insane.:(:(:(

But! What do you think? I though and played well in this hand???

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will play it the same way he did

bet small on the flop to make you call on any club draw

the moment you called flop and I hit fh i want to bet bigger to make you pay for your Ac and get it all in on the river

i will just fold pre to a big 3-bet because our hand will get dominated most of the time

as played i will not bet on river because we don't have the nut flush and full house is possible, so we wait for his bet and analyze if we want to call or not

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Preflop, flop, and turn are reasonably played but after the 2nd pair on the river what would villian be going all in with? Maybe you felt pot committed but I would assume the 2nd but flush on a multi paired board probably isn't good considering villian aggressive betting. But he could have aces and just be crazy. I would have folded

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop this is a fold. You are cold calling and over calling a 9BB 3 bet from the SB with only KJ. Yes its suited but suited is not a big enough deal to be calling raise sizes like this in the position you are in. I would fold this hand on the button much less in the SB as you are here.

You flop the world and the only plausible hand that we would have to worry about at this point would include the ace of clubs (yes there could technically be a straight flush but we all know how rare that is so I am not even thinking about it). I like the check that you do and when it gets back around to you I think calling is best to try to suck in one or two of the others that checked their first action. Right now Im not too scared and want people in the hand with worse and a raise here could easily scare everyone away.

The turn is a crappy card. I would hate it when I saw it playing this hand. You obviously never want the board to pair when you have a flush. I like the check you did and then when the bet comes I can see either action of call or just get it in. I like calling more with the plan to get it in on the river as long as the river card isnt terrible but raising will get some calls from worse like 8x, straights, AA and KK hands especially that have a club (which we know could only be AA). Raising though will fold out a lot and only have those hands continue, for the most part, that we dont like too much. I would much rather let the villain keep going with a hand that we presume we are beating much of the time.

The river is a death card. Double paired board and facing an opponent that bet and continues to bet (they actually increased their sizing on the turn after the 2nd 8) so I would be thinking my flush doesnt mean much now. It will only beat villains big pocket pairs, their Q10 clubs if that hand is possible, or any bluffs that somehow got here. In knowing this that villain either has a hand that is crushing me or they have a hand like QQ that all the sudden might check behind, I like just checking here. When you effective jam the river you are turning your flush into a bluff and knowing that villain isnt folding anything that beats you nor is calling much if anything that doesnt beat you. With this bet you are allowing villain to play perfectly. In your shoes I would have checked and then thought about it a little on the river when the villain more than likely goes all in. I would have tried to decipher if they have a big pocket pair here and would do this turning their own hand into a bluff. Im pretty sure if I was playing well I would have thought that it is not likely Im good here and just fold. It is weird though when you think about it since they called a 3 bet pre so how many 8x and 6x hands could they have? Really its only 98 suited, 67 suited or hands that make quads. That might make me think about calling but in the end you have respect double paired boards when you have a flush.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree a little with 300HPGOD. I also think that with this hand we should fold pre flop against 3bet pre flop. As played - I think that you didn't make a big mistake. I think that it is a cooler situation that's is all. If opponent would have a bigger stack I think that sometimes we can fold our flush, because sometimes we have to respect the cards on the board and full house is possible. Every 8x hand will win with your flush, but on the river opponent has stack for about 60% of the pot. This time opponent make a risky move with pocket 88 pre flop and hit set on the flop, but I think that we should worry about it, because situation like this happens rarely. GL :)

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no call option here preflop. This is an easy fold. Sometimes you can consider 4-betting, but not calling. On the flop we check-call, on the river, if our opponent bets more than 1/3 of the pot we fold.

Full Flush Poker