GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 19/13/2

This is 6 max SNAP.

97 hands on this 19/13/2 villain. Had seen him 3 bet AKs and KTs before this hand. Couldn't recall if he had sized this big on those occasions. Obviously it is a big 3 bet but people do weird stuff at the micros so was unsure to read much into that.

I'm sure calling the 3 Bet is an option some take. I like 4 betting AK even in this mostly tight fast fold pool, so that is what I do and we go to a pretty bloated pot on the flop. Perhaps given his massive 3 bet, a call would have given more post flop wiggle room here.

The flop gives me the nut flush draw but misses a lot of both our ranges, besides a few outliers. I'll range bet 3 bet pots with about 30-40% pretty often unless I'm trying to exploit someone, and that is what I do. I think I might have also been trying to control the price I was paying to draw to the nut flush. Looking at the hand now I don't like it so much. I think I'm potentially folding out a lot of hands I am beating, and the big pairs that make up a lot of his range are never folding on this flop. AK maybe folds, which I suppose would be a win.

So, first question, anyone think a check/call line is better? What if we check and villain jams?

In any case, he jams vs my flop bet. 9 outs to the Nut flush. 3 Aces and 3 Kings also to come, although he likely holds blockers to one or both, and neither are sure to win me the pot, so best to ignore them. At a quick calc 4x9 = 36% I hit the nut flush by the river and the pot odds are (very roughly) about 25% to call his shove? Just call and ride the variance train, right? This is definitely an area I need to get more comfortable with in my game.

Pacific Poker - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 53.8 BB
SB: 174.8 BB
BB: 110.6 BB
Hero (UTG): 162 BB
MP: 84.4 BB
CO: 106.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A K

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO raises to 13.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 28.8 BB, CO calls 15.4 BB

Flop: (59 BB, 2 players) 6 8 9
Hero bets 22.4 BB, CO raises to 77.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 55.2 BB

Turn: (214.2 BB, 2 players) 7

River: (214.2 BB, 2 players) 3

Hero shows A K (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 12%, Flop 37%, Turn 100%)
CO shows A A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 88%, Flop 63%, Turn 0%)
Hero wins 201.6 BB

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played easy all in on the flop.
The other dude shoulda jammed preflop though.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like 4betting AK because in most times you have to go allin on flop (how about missing boards?). additionally your 4bet pretty small - 45 would be better.
As played - push flop and pray for flash.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: easy flat vs 3bet.

Flat > 4bet jam > sized 4bet > fold.

Especially true for:
1. OOP,
2. vs a 19/13 guy,
3. in micros,
4. in fast-fold format.

I don't understand our 4bet sizing of 2.15x. Are we bluffing or raising for value?

I think we're bluffing without knowing it. Maybe we do (comments), but then why are we turning AKs into a bluff?

Anyway, we priced villain in to flat IP vs our 4bet.

F: as played, I don't know what to do OOP with SPR of 1.32. I guess not folding in any way is fine.

Last edited:
GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm definitely not bluffing with AK, it is too strong generally speaking. Happy to see flops.

I 4 bet about 2.2 generally. 3x if deep. I guess I need to think about why I do this and when to adjust, and how.

I think you're correct that I can make adjustments at fast fold microstakes to what I'm doing in these spots, especially against this sort of nitty reg type.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flat pre... that's a large 3-bet by him. There's no real good 4-betting size for you w/ your stacks, so much better to just flat. As played vs a nit, best to just jam the flop as you might get him to fold splits. If he wasn't a nit, it would be better to x/jam the flop in case he decided to bet with AQ or worse. That's not happening vs a nit, he's going to be nutted pre-flop to QQ+/AK.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played easy all in on the flop.
The other dude shoulda jammed preflop though.

in resume this is it

but 4bet AKs is a option you could had only call the 3bet because you are just afraid of a AA, KK and other hands can fold your 4bet and you EV decrease

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet seems better, unless you expected some fold equity, that is unlikely. Against AAs you had 12 equity, KK+ 23. As played and nit, dont expect any less
After flop raised to 37... as played pre flop, check/shove

Full Flush Poker