$5 NLHE 6-max: Newer player looking for advice

C

cote0898

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I'm pretty new to poker but im just trying to see if anyone would have played this hand any different and why?Sorry my pokertracker isnt working so the description might be a little crude

Table is 4 handed, roughly 100bb all around

CO opens to 3bb
Folded to hero in SB with (Ad, 4d)
Hero re-raises 3x and action folds back to CO
CO calls

Flop comes (Td, 9d, 7s)

Hero checks
CO bets 12bb
Hero raises 2.5x
CO shoves for 80bb
Hero calls

Just looking for any input and advice you guys may have

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure.

This is fine assuming you think CO will fold to your 3-bet >65% of the time.

Some will quibble with the check/raise line vs. bet/3-bet. But it's really whatever at that point.

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably this flop hits villain range so your are going to play for stacks anyway.But if it doesn't hits villains range then a check back from V is possible, and if you don't hit your diamond then you lose equity(and the pot since you are out of position), we don't want that.
So if I were you then my plan will be bet bet shove since you 3b OOP.

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: I really like the 3-bet, but ultimately you're hoping for a fold there...maybe raise a little more if it's not out of character for you or check his 3-bet call % if you have that info.

Flop: Check-raise is tricky and confusing, but at lower limits maybe not the best line. I'd say just lead out next time (2/3 pot) and if he comes over the top, you can re-evaluate. As played, you likely need the flush to win the hand, so it's math from there (which would be a fold).

C

cote0898

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome, thanks for the input guys!