Flop : (15 BB, 3 players) Jc Qc 8d
Hero bets 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB, fold

Turn : (31 BB, 2 players) Ks
Hero bets 22 BB, BB calls 22 BB

River : (75 BB, 2 players) 3d
Hero checks, BB bets 53.8 BB, Hero calls 53.8 BB

vilain 3% 3b

we need 29%

my plan when I check river was to call I think there are some bluffing hands in his range or even hands he is overvaluing I dont think hes calling with QQ or KK preflop although he might (10% of the time )

JJ, 88, ATs, Ac9c, Ac5c-Ac2c, KJs+, K8s, KsTs, KcTc, KdTd, QJs, Q8s, T9s, 9c8c, 9d8d, ATo, KTo+, QJo; Weights: A9s:25%, A5s:25%, A4s:25%, A3s:25%, A2s:25%, 98s:25%, KTo:25%. best case scenario 33% equity with bluffs

worst case scenario
JJ, 88, ATs, KJs+, K8s, KsTs, KcTc, KdTd, QJs, Q8s, T9s, ATo, KJo+, QJo. 28%

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: marginal x/c on river with 2 pair 4 straight board

Flop I think either check call or bet larger would work better than 50% bet and any raise would put you on a tough spot. River yes I think check call is fine, probably not many value hands that would beat you and villain should have raised many of those combos OTF or OTT. He could have ATcc, T9cc and KQ, and many busted draws.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

Hero (SB): 113.8 BB
BB: 109.4 BB
UTG: 211.8 BB
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kd Jd
UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, BB calls 4 BB, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop : (15 BB, 3 players) Jc Qc 8d
Hero bets 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB, fold

Turn : (31 BB, 2 players) Ks
Hero bets 22 BB, BB calls 22 BB

River : (75 BB, 2 players) 3d
Hero checks, BB bets 53.8 BB, Hero calls 53.8 BB

vilain 3% 3b

we need 29%

my plan when I check river was to call I think there are some bluffing hands in his range or even hands he is overvaluing I dont think hes calling with QQ or KK preflop although he might (10% of the time )

JJ, 88, ATs, Ac9c, Ac5c-Ac2c, KJs+, K8s, KsTs, KcTc, KdTd, QJs, Q8s, T9s, 9c8c, 9d8d, ATo, KTo+, QJo; Weights: A9s:25%, A5s:25%, A4s:25%, A3s:25%, A2s:25%, 98s:25%, KTo:25%. best case scenario 33% equity with bluffs

worst case scenario
JJ, 88, ATs, KJs+, K8s, KsTs, KcTc, KdTd, QJs, Q8s, T9s, ATo, KJo+, QJo. 28%

Our plan should never to be playing a 3-handed pot from the SB.
Our plan was simple, we raised/polarized preflop to get one caller at maximum, but it happened something quite different because both BB and UTG called.

So, let's figure this out, we are not raising 3x preflop, but we are raising 5x, and we didn't get just one caller, but two instead, which alters the pot geometry drastically.

Postflop we continue out of position and we have only Second Pair with Second Kicker, when we do bet more than 1/2 pot OTF, do we expect to be paid by worst jacks (on which we are blocking), i.e, QJ, JT, J9, J8, etc, possible, but we are blocking this.

We know that unless we are in a very lucky day, even recreational are going to fold most of their 8x right OTF, such as A8, K8, so we realize that we are going to be paid very much often for any Qx, than any other combination.

We own the Back Door Second Nut Flush, but it is not so good, and for all of these reasons, knowing that weak players are going to be paying with worst hands, and although the flop is highly connected, we should be picking up much better hands to be betting for value and for bluff from the SB vs 3-handed pot.

Hands that we are going to c-bet 1/2 pot, or 2/3 pot depending on the case are 88, JJ, QQ, KK and AA, we are c-betting almost 100% of times this flop, for heavy value and protection.
We are bluffing our Back Door Club Flushes when we do hold only the Ace of Clubs, because when we own the Ace of Clubs and X of clubs our strategy should vary a bit.
And, at maximum, we are bluffing our naked straight draws+something like 3rd pair for example.

This is a bad spot for playing/bluffing

A) We are out of position

B) There are 2 other players in position yet to speak

C) The pot is bloated/big, because we polarized preflop. And this is the key point of the hand, we pick up spots for bluffing more when we do own position and when our bluffs can be cheap, for this reason we are bluffing much more from the BTN, CO and HJ than from the UTG and the blinds.

Polarized pots are not good scenarios for bluffing, because our bluffs become very expensive and unprofitable in the long run. But wait a second, you have value with your second pair-second kicker right? Yup, one more reason to try to take a cheap showdown.

After we do elect to c-bet 1/2 pot, and the player in the BB calls (the odds preflop were horrible so we cannot put so many hands on BB's range, but a more capped one).
So, many times, the player in the BB will present better hands than the limper of the UTG.
When BB/Villain calls OTF, we should think which group of hands would be so doing and on which types of turns can we continue betting out of position and which types of turns we should go for check-folding or check-jamming.

Given the sizing utilized OTT, I don't know if we can be folding to any river scenario. Well, we must have information of who we are playing with before taking any decision.
Of course there are just a few combos of straight possible, but yet, BB can still has better hands such as KQ for example, or 88, and the fact that players (specially at Zoom Tables) are not bluffing very often on rivers like this.
But, giving the sizes utilized, we should never be folding our Two Pair OTR, because BB has a few bluffs and worst hands possible on its range, such as Q8, J8, K8, maybe AK, who knows? ;)
The fact that we raised 5x preflop commited us to the pot ever since the beginning, with hands such as TPTK and Two Pair combinations. Watch out when out of position, nice sunday. :D

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa