$5 NLHE 6-max: Looking for feedback on this hand

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah pretty good play.
In the future though villain shouldn't fold here, so perhaps he had complete air.
You are blocking the main drawing hands, so it's likely villain is raising for value with a strong made hand.
So in these spots your likely to get called often and not generate a lot of folds.
In this situation villain probably has a pure airball.
I can't see why villain would fold a hand like two pair or a set here.
I guess he can fold a Jack but that hand shouldn't raise you on the flop.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah pretty good play.
In the future though villain shouldn't fold here, so perhaps he had complete air.
You are blocking the main drawing hands, so it's likely villain is raising for value with a strong made hand.
So in these spots your likely to get called often and not generate a lot of folds.
In this situation villain probably has a pure airball.
I can't see why villain would fold a hand like two pair or a set here.
I guess he can fold a Jack but that hand shouldn't raise you on the flop.

Thanks for the reply, that's my thinking as well. He might fold AJ/KJ or an overpair...maybe. Or air of course. Jamming like I did is rarely going to get a fold and I don't think the odds are quite in my favor. I think the best play might have been to fold to his checkraise. I'm happy it worked out this time though.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply, that's my thinking as well. He might fold AJ/KJ or an overpair...maybe. Or air of course. Jamming like I did is rarely going to get a fold and I don't think the odds are quite in my favor. I think the best play might have been to fold to his checkraise. I'm happy it worked out this time though.

no dont fold to his check raise!

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the limp preflop. I would either fold or 3-bet. Why? Hero is a 40/60 dog to Villain's opening range. If Villian 4-bets, it is a clear fold, but it is more likely Villain folds.. QTs is not likely to flop a big hand so a small win is best, IMHO.

As played, Hero got one of the best flops possible, 2 diamonds and no Aces or Kings, making him a slight, 55/45 favorite. I like the reraise on the flop. Although Villain's bet call indicates she has something. There is a flush draw which Hero blocks and a T9 where hero blocks. Could be over pairs, or trips too. Villain could be ahead with any jack and also ahed with any ace, king but not know she is ahead.

The T is a good card for Hero. Not only does it give him a pair it is unlike to have made Villain's straight draw. When Villian checks, Hero must bet. Half pot seems light. ($1.15 pot and a $0.65 bet.) When Villian check raises she looks very strong. She bet $2.20, 1/2 of her remaining stack. There is $4.00 in the pot and Hero has to call $1.80 to see the next card. With Villain looking like she intends to shove on the river. ($2.20 into a $5.80 pot). Hero's tens do not look good, but he would only need to call $2.20 to win $8.00.

Assuming two pair or better is needed to win Hero has 9 flush, 3 nine, 2 ten, and 3 queen outs. 17 outs, call it 1 out of 3. Assuming villain calls the shove, hero is betting $4 ($1.80+$2.20) to win $7.00 ($5.80+$2.20). It a coin toss, so I like the shove better than the call.

I am stunned, Villain folded.

Nice hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands