$5 NLHE 6-max: KK IP on ultra dry flop, unknown villian C/R-shoves...

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1170746
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $5.58
BB: $13.42
UTG: $6.21 Have like 22 hands on this guy so he is pretty much an unknown. Got him running 60:40 so will assume he is like a 27/14.
CO: $6.19
Hero (BTN): $7.67

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K
club.gif
K
diamond.gif

UTG raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.07) 3
heart.gif
club.gif
Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.56

Yes I know my C-bet is 15c lower than it "should be" but there is little for me to worry about or for him to hit!

UTG raises to $5.71 all in, Hero says "lol"

Hero's move...

Tough one this, I tanked for quite some time before making my decision. I can only think of maybe 3 flops dryer than this. What does he open raise and then call my 3-bet with OOP?

Perhaps 88? can't see him calling me to set-mine with 33 and with QQ an open to 20c would be more likely.

I feel he is reprisenting 888 here but with a board this dry, would he REALLY shove? I am generally not a fan of the C/R and prefer to lead out. If I was playing me I might check call or maybe reprisent a bluff on the turn if it got checked behind. His risking me taking a free card would harldy be that big a mistake and he may well know I am likely to C-bet.

Getting 1.45:1 here guys... easy call?

Last edited:
B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call, you're essentially inducing a bluff with your weak cbet. You can see anything here, including AA/QQ or someone shoving bottom pair because he puts you on AK. as a general rule, make an unknown show you the 3 combos he's representing with a hand this strong.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap & fist pump. When you 3-bet preflop, the SPR becomes 5.3. So we're committed with an over pair.

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap & fist pump. When you 3-bet preflop, the SPR becomes 5.3. So we're committed with an over pair.

I called. No snap or fistpump though, more a slow reluctant acceptance that it was probably right in the long term!

He showed Q9o. Random.

SPR of 5.3 and pot commitment with an overpair? Erm... this is totally new to me! :)

Last edited:
-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obvious instant call dude

Could easily be AQ, KQ, QJ, if he has a set I don't care i'm paying him off everytime.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I know my C-bet is 15c lower than it "should be" but there is little for me to worry about or for him to hit![/COLOR][/B]

its not really about worrying about whether there is little for him to hit...itsabout if he has say any Q or if he is crazy maybe a PP that he can't let go of, then we want our river bet to be able to get his whole stack and not have to be an over shove

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
betting smaller on the world's driest flop is fine

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called. No snap or fistpump though, more a slow reluctant acceptance that it was probably right in the long term!

He showed Q9o. Random.

SPR of 5.3 and pot commitment with an overpair? Erm... this is totally new to me! :)
SPR=stack to pot ratio.I think it came from Ed Miller's book not sure though.