$5 NLHE 6-max: KK folded in T (wet board for wide range V + A in T)

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there again, poker friends! I folded a KK vs a very wide range villain. This kind of players love to call PFR with low pocket pairs and A9-A2 range and the F was full with it and then the T brought an A.

So, I folded because I was thinking that was very likely he got a 3 of a kind in F, or maybe an A pair or double paired (A5 for example). There were to many options to my KK could be easily beaten so I preferred to 3 bet in T and fold if they 3 bet me, as it actually happened.

So, I'll leave you the hand and please, help me to put it straight! Thanks in advance:

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
BTN ($28.94) [VPIP: 22.5% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 22.9% | 3-Bet: 4.3% | hands: 83]
SB ($6) [VPIP: 25% | PFR: 25% | AGG: 66.7% | 3-Bet: 33.3% | Hands: 24]
BB ($14.40) [VPIP: 14.3% | PFR: 14.3% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 8]
UTG ($5) [VPIP: 75% | PFR: 25% | AGG: 71.4% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 4]
HJ ($11.50) [VPIP: 0% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 9]
HERO ($11.37) [VPIP: 22.9% | PFR: 14.6% | AGG: 44.7% | 3-Bet: 5.4% | Hands: 11981]

Dealt to Hero: K:heart: K:diamond:

UTG Raises To $0.20, HJ Folds, HERO Raises To $0.65, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds, UTG Calls $0.45

Hero SPR on Flop: [3.18 effective]
Flop ($1.37): 7:club: 3:diamond: 5:heart:
UTG Bets $0.30 (Rem. Stack: 4.05), HERO Raises To $0.90 (Rem. Stack: 9.82), UTG Calls $0.60 (Rem. Stack: 3.45)

Turn ($3.17): 7:club: 3:diamond: 5:heart: A:spade:
UTG Bets $0.95 (Rem. Stack: 2.50), HERO Raises To $1.90 (Rem. Stack: 7.92), UTG Raises To $3.45 (allin), HERO Folds

UTG wins: $6.68

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you make a raise in every street and fold when villain shove, I don't understand this play, probably you're losing this hand when A showed up in the turn... but is hard to know villain range, sorry man, GL in the tables

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you just can't raise to fold there.

If you're raising it's because you think he doesn't have the A much and trying to get value and then fold when there is so little behind...better to fold preflop than play this way.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is aggressive one, no question about it and sometimes i like to put guys like him on pressure, that's something you could do before Ace hitting the turn. Now it easy to question your play here but situations like this are tricky. Trying to get the max value out of players like villain here is tricky, the most often players like him will keep on betting to represent Ace but if your gut tell you to fold here than maybe that's what you should do. Usually the right thing to do is to return the favor of aggression but it can cost you some money, even players like villain can strike a decent hand, we should never forget that. While writing this reply I'm thinking what would be my call here and to be honest I'm closer and closer to agree with you, fold might be the best choice. What can i say, i'd probably use the time bank here as much as i can :D

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian's bet sizing is terrible. I know you only have 4 hands on him, but that paired with his AF and VPIP tell me he probably ended up playing 40%+ the rest of the session, although like I said, its only 4 hands. I don't hate the flop raise, but why are you raising the turn? It certainly wasn't for value, and if it was, I think you are overvaluing your hand. There's a chance this guy hit air, but there's a better chance imo that villian hit two pair on the turn with Ax, flopped a straight, flopped two pair etc. I'm probably treating the villians flop bet as a no bet and adding it to the pot and raising to like $1.35 or somewhere around there. That actually puts more pressure than calling .60 into a $1.60 pot. Also, when that ace hits, I'm probably just flatting turn (pot control, we don't love the ace), and probably just flatting river (depending on the bet size, which I expect to not be huge).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop raise should be larger against what you believe to be a loose caller (up to full pot). I'm making it $1.50 on the flop. Hate the turn raise. Are you trying to make him fold something? Are you bluffing? Trying to see where you're at? You can call and see the river or just fold to the turn bet.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely full pot raise, or even over bet on the flop. Looking to commit regardless of the turn. You could be crushed by as or 2p+, but at 5nl, I feel pretty good about KK on that flop.

Yes the A on the turn would scare me, but his bet does not mean he has to have it and if be committed after the big raise. Honestly I'd be more worried he spiked 2 pair on the flop, but no guts no glory.

Folding in Poker