$5 NLHE 6-max: JJ Overpair facing a Flop Raise on a 3beted Pot!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 102.8 BB
CO: 142.4 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 26.53, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 50)
BTN: 110.8 BB
Hero (SB): 180.8 BB
BB: 104.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J J

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Well, my info is a little more limited here. I think He calls me here with 99-QQ, AQo, AJs,KQs, sometimes KK-AA

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 5 T 2
Hero bets 11 BB, CO raises to 23 BB, Hero ???

His raise is too tought for me here. His calling range can't have too much nutish combos(only TT), and I don't know if he can Raise me here with Ovepairs like QQ. Raise me as bluff is an option, but he can choose floating instead of Raise in Position.

1: Do you disagree with my assumptions about his calling range Pre flop?
2: What would you do here after his raise? What range do you think he can raise me?

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think his 3bet calling range preflop is far wider than you think and includes numerous suited broadway hands that have a ten in them. I believe he likely hit the ten and has backdoor flush/straight draws much of the time. 50 hand sample is not really great for reads but seems like a solid player. I believe he would 4bet with QQ+ and AQ+ but hard to say.

I'd probably 4bet in your spot.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to kreknix.\ for everything but the 4-bet. Slightly to aggro for me.

Your range is really tight. I think he probably calls you with maybe 66+, ATs+ AJo+ maybe some wheel aces like A5s, and probably a few suited broadways. The CO in six-max is pretty loose. He is often (not always) gong to 3-bet QQ+, AK too.

On this flop, we only loose to TT, QQ, and maybe some loose 55 combos. 3 combos of TT, 6 QQ combos, and I will give him maybe 1 55 combo. we loose to 10 combos total.

We beat some aggressive underpairs, gutshot wheel draws (A4, A3) and AQ, AJ bluffs.

I am fine with a call here, then evaluate the turn.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. I think his 3bet calling range is wider given stack size and he could have small pair and suited connectors.

2. I would call here and will be floating small the turn when either J,Q,K,A hit the board.

I think he could have sets , 88-99, ATs and AA so I wouldnt reraise on the flop so that he can fold his weaker hands.

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 to kreknix.\ for everything but the 4-bet. Slightly to aggro for me.

2. I would call here and will be floating small the turn when either J,Q,K,A hit the board.

I think he could have sets , 88-99, ATs and AA so I wouldnt reraise on the flop so that he can fold his weaker hands.

This is understandable. If we 4-bet and he 5-bet shoves or flat calls then we are in a pretty tough spot if we do not improve.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been in this situation many times. One time the guy show up with QQ, the other time a different guy show up with A10s. So You guess it, I call them both to the river with my JJ. This is a close situation, there is no right or wrong answer here for me.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to call here.
A real tough spot. This is a min raise by the way so villain most likely a recreational player which can be overvaluing top pair. Obviously he can have the nuts as well, but still there are enough hands you are ahead of like Tx and baby aces.

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I think his 3bet calling range is wider given stack size and he could have small pair and suited connectors.

+1