$5 NLHE 6-max: Folded JJ in 4bet pot OOP

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1e5oAewF

Hi there, poker friends. I left above a hand where I got JJ in BB. The V registered in 49 hands this record: VPIP 26, PFR 19, PFR in CO 38% (3/8), 3bet 9.5% (1 time in BB, 1 time in SB), fold to 3bet 33% (when I was playing this hand). Cbet 100% (5/5), cbet in 3bet pot 100% (2/2).

So, when he OR in CO I put him in a wide range, due to his PFR in CO. Then, I was not expecting a 4bet at all. I was expecting just fold (because of his Fold to cbet) or call. So, I called because I though that he was maybe bluffing with low pairs TT-66 or AK, and JJ was good enough to beat his bluff. I was ready to go allin if the flop didn't come with A or K. But, I saw a Q and wanted more info of his hand because Maybe he was bluffing with AQ too. I thought it was a situation of XR or B shoving allin. But I XF because something told me that betting allin maybe was a trap to cacth me with his AA or KK.

Right now, writing my thoughts I note that I was confused. Maybe for that reason I decided to fold instead of giving all my chips being insecure.

But, please, let me know what do you think

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a BB vs CO duel JJ is a hand that plays well in a 3-bet pot. But it also has merits to mix it less frequently in a range of calls to 4-bet preflop of V. But when we opt for this line we must be prepared for a more exploitative game in postflop, the times that we are not deep enough on stack. I mean be prepared to fold a lot of flops that are not in your favor.
And if we think that V plays very wide from late positions, it is also possible to bluff 5-bet preflop, although this alternative will generate the most variance when we do not have sufficiently solid stats supported by the sample (fold-4bet / fold-5bet ).
As played I like your fold at that cbet size. The bluff range of V is primarily reduced to: AK. But when there is no fold equity in CO our range seems weaker because we are OOP and we are blocking semi bluffs that V could make 4B with hands like: KJs and QJs for this texture.
Greetings.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CO vs BB it's basically a toss between 5-bet shoving or calling the 4-bet. I like calling better.

On this flop, considering your 4-bet calling range, JJ is not your worst but certainly one of your worst made hands possible. QQ and TT smash it. AQ smashes it, and you have some straight draws to balance that out. Facing a normal-sized c-bet, floating JJ is best. When villain makes it pot-sized, there's no shame in letting this one go.

Folding in Poker