$5 NLHE 6-max: Fold or not to fold a FULL HOUSE on the river ?

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 24/21/1.7

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

So I haven't been playing much cash in the past 2 months so i figured to shake of the rustiness with some good old 5NL on pokerstars and i find myself in a very ugly spot:

SB: $5 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $12.18 (243.6 bb)
UTG: $6.45 (129 bb)
MP: $7.31 (146.2 bb)
CO: $2.10 (42 bb)
BTN: $7.81 (156.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif

UTG folds, MP raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.26) T
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.27

Turn: ($0.96) K
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.65, MP calls $0.65

River: ($2.26) T
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.55, MP raises to $6.19, Hero ?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me that is an instant call if the bad luck has KT, KK or TT, well I accept the defeat although he would have played bad enough, but with the information you wrote about this hand for me it is an easy call

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I have to make this call as well. KTo is probably in a 21% PFR opening range along with the KTcc (6 combos total). There are 8 combos of AT and 4 combos of QTs, JTs. We will occasionally run into the 1 combo of TT or 3 combos of KK but given stats, position, line, I think there are enough Tx combos that we can beat here that forces us to call. So without having any bluffs or spaz V has 10 value combos that beat us and 12 Tx combos that we are ahead of.

Last edited:
Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I agree with the thread here. There are just way too many potential Tx combos that we beat and that he may even overvalue here. Definite call, and if he has KK, TT, KT, or 44, nh sir.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly the way I was thinking to level myself to call. I didn't mention I do have around 300 hands on the guy and I looked it up he was 4 tabling zoom 5NL and who knows maybe some other tables on the side as well. So if he is thinking at all about what am I representing(which i think he does) it's only a set on the flop and a FH on the river or some kind of insane bluff on a driest board you can think of.

I don't think he ever has a T WHEN HE SHOVES. Especially not JT or QT as cornbread said.
A T is basically a bluff catcher at this point since I only bet bluffs and FHs. He would be much better calling since I will only be calling his shoves with better hands.
Maybe once in a 100 times he shoves AT but thats it.

I actually did fold this spot cause I have been burning money past year saying things "nh sir" and "if you have it you have it" and calling but no more :D

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We lose to 8 combos.

I fail to find any bluffs at all in his range here so it comes down to whether or not he's shoving two pair or trips here. I'm not even sure he makes it to the river with all of his Tx here given our line + sizing on flop and turn on that board texture. I don't hate the fold.

I probably call to know for sure he isn't a psycho or going nuts with Tx though anyway. :laugh:

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We lose to 8 combos.

I fail to find any bluffs at all in his range here so it comes down to whether or not he's shoving two pair or trips here. I'm not even sure he makes it to the river with all of his Tx here given our line + sizing on flop and turn on that board texture. I don't hate the fold.

I probably call to know for sure he isn't a psycho or going nuts with Tx though anyway. :laugh:

Exactly. That is why I scrolled to see if he is a regular and he was playing 4 tables and that is when I decided to fold.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do regulars underbet in NL5?In vilains shoes I would underbet then I`m having TT (because Im bloking TP). He might underbet 56s but river raise wouldn't make sense.

As played river fold. Nobrainer because of bet sizing.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think villain has a ton of Tx and the Tx villain has wont raise the river to often so i expect KK alot.And without any missed draws on what was a pretty dry board i wouldn't be to excited about the call but i would call.

Folding in Poker