$5 NLHE 6-max: Flopped Nut Flush, Turn Pairs The Board, What Would You Do?

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just played this hand and really wanted to know how to get more value out of it. On the flop I was more than happy to call behind and was looking forward to setting my trap on a later street. Once the turn 3 hit, I wasn't too worried about it until the initial raiser's large bet was called by the SB behind.

What is the best line to take when the board pairs on the turn?
Should I have raised the flop or is slow playing the nut flush alright here?
Is there any way I can look to keep both villains in the hand with me or will I be beat too often?

888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 77.8 BB (VPIP: 4.17, PFR: 4.17, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 24)
SB: 59.2 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (BB): 124 BB
UTG: 166.4 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 70)
MP: 483.8 BB (VPIP: 27.36, PFR: 20.75, 3Bet Preflop: 12.20, Hands: 112)
CO: 106 BB (VPIP: 27.78, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:heart: K:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) J:heart: A:heart: 3:heart:
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 6.8 BB, SB calls 6.8 BB, Hero calls 6.8 BB

Turn: (29.4 BB, 3 players) 3:club:
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 19.4 BB, SB calls 19.4 BB, Hero raises to 114.2 BB and is all-in, fold, SB calls 30 BB and is all-in

River: (147.6 BB, 2 players) T:club:

SB shows Q:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Threes)
(Pre 58%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%)
Hero shows T:heart: K:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 42%, Flop 98%, Turn 91%)
Hero wins 139 BB

Thank you for your thoughts :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise the flop. I typically dont like to slowplay out of position, because you risk the turn getting checked through, and now suddenly you are grasping to make up for lost value on the river.

As played I would just call the turn. You need to be more worried about UTG here than SB, because UTG has you covered, and unlike SB he can absolutely have all the full houses including AA and JJ.

And when you check-jam on the paired board, UTG is basically only going to call you, when he has a full house. So you bone yourself, when you are way behind drawing to a royal flush, and you win nothing extra, when you are way ahead.

You could argue, that he will also call you with a flush, but he essentially never has that, when 4 of the big flush cards are spoken for. Hands like Q9s or 98s are a very loose open UTG, and if he has them anyway, he is probably going to bet the river, so just let him continue to value own himself.

If he overbet jam the river, you can find a fold here and get away without losing your entire stack, when you are beat. If he bet something more reasonable like half pot, you call again.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think slow playing the nut flush on the flop is fine. the board pairing on the turn isn't great, but you're still way ahead most of the time.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played about as good as you can i think.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing this board is terrible. Any heart kills your action, any pair may kill your hand. Just raise the flop, and you get bonus points for trapping in a bet from the SB fish.

I'm not in love with the call preflop, but it's fine.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its OK to call and to raise on flop.
To raise is good because there will be a lot gut shots and TP in villains range. (and if heart comes on the river it might slow down action).
I would raise turn smaller.

Full Flush Poker