$5 NLHE 6-max: Fish calls 3 bet then check raises flop

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 73/30/12

Villain is a very aggressive maniac fish. Do you find the call here?

His aggressiveness on the flop was totally off the scale. Still, the massive over jam should be cause for alarm, right? So hard to range these guys, this could be a draw, a set, two pair or any A with a draw. Or air! Does my head in. I feel like I am just leaking money folding to their aggressive moves unless I have the total nuts, but get burnt so often when I fight back or call them down.

Called it a night after this, felt maybe it was a bit loose and maniac types really send me on tilt often. Which sucks, because I know they should be a massive source of my profit.

Pacific Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 103.8 BB
Hero (BB): 216.4 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 102.6 BB
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 148.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K A

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, SB calls 4 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 2 players) 9 A J
SB checks, Hero bets 4.8 BB, SB raises to 97.8 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 93 BB

Turn: (207.6 BB, 2 players) J

River: (207.6 BB, 2 players) 4

SB shows 9 A (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks)
(Pre 25%, Flop 70%, Turn 8%)
Hero shows K A (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks)
(Pre 75%, Flop 30%, Turn 92%)
Hero wins 197.4 BB

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Going 3x with your 3-bet in position is kind of standard and fine, but when a player like this min-raises, I think, you can go larger for value. He is probably not folding a lot to 3-bets, so I am not going to be bluff 3-betting him anyways. And if he is going to pay 8BB or even 10BB to see a flop with pretty much the same range of hands, then why not go bigger and get more value? It also creates a lower SPR, which tends to be more favourable for a hand like AK.

Flop
Kind of the same story. A player like this will pay a large bet like 8-10BB with a wide range of hands, so just go bigger for value. When he check-jam it in your face, it is a pretty gross spot to be honest. The guy is clearly a maniac, but unless there was some special history between you, where you put him on tilt, he is probably not doing this with AQ or a stone cold bluff. So while it sucks to lay down such a strong hand to a maniac, I think, it would have been the right decision.

Results
You actually won the hand, because his two pair got counterfeited, but obviously its not ideal to get your money in bad and depend on this kind of runout to save you.