Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has :6c4: :6s4:
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.36, 3 players) :2d4: :7d4: :6h4:
SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.72, 3 players) :4h4:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.47, BTN calls $0.47, fold

River: ($1.66, 2 players) :ad4:
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.99, Hero ?

P.s. If you can't see the river card (cauze I can't for some reasons), it's an Ace of diamonds.

Probably, the best river decision in this hand is to bet-fold the river. And that's because by checking the river, we can fall into ridiculous situations like this one. However, I did make the check, and absolutely didn't know what to do after the villain's overbet.

The villain is 27/19 with AF 2, 3-bet 6, steal 35%, fold to c-bet 33% (4 out of 12). The sample is 448 hands.

Also, I want to ask two more questions about this hand:
1) If we decide to bet-fold on the river, which sizing should we choose? 2) My flop call was not ideal in 3-way pot, but I decided that against wide ranges I can call my sets sometimes and raise them on the turn. Am I right, or raising my sets on the flop with 100% frequency on micros (against regs) would be more +EV and I don't need to call them at all? Another villain looks like a LAG reg.

Thanks for the answers!

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 27/19/2

Hello, CardsChat community!

SB: $8.73 (174.6 bb)
Hero (BB): $8.52 (170.4 bb)
UTG: $4.35 (87 bb)
MP: $8.85 (177 bb)
CO: $12.32 (246.4 bb)
BTN: $5.23 (104.6 bb)

SB posts $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has :6c4: :6s4:
3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.36, 3 players) :2d4: :7d4: :6h4:
SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.72, 3 players) :4h4:
SB checks, Hero bets $0.47, BTN calls $0.47, fold

River: ($1.66, 2 players) :ad4:
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.99, Hero ?

P.s. If you can't see the river card (cauze I can't for some reasons), it's an Ace of diamonds.

Probably, the best river decision in this hand is to bet-fold the river. And that's because by checking the river, we can fall into ridiculous situations like this one. However, I did make the check, and absolutely didn't know what to do after the villain's overbet.

The villain is 27/19 with AF 2, 3-bet 6, steal 35%, fold to c-bet 33% (4 out of 12). The sample is 448 hands.

Also, I want to ask two more questions about this hand:
1) If we decide to bet-fold on the river, which sizing should we choose? 2) My flop call was not ideal in 3-way pot, but I decided that against wide ranges I can call my sets sometimes and raise them on the turn. Am I right, or raising my sets on the flop with 100% frequency on micros (against regs) would be more +EV and I don't need to call them at all? Another villain looks like a LAG reg.

Thanks for the answers!

I think we should be raising right on the flop because our hands need protection ASAP.
As long as you did not raised OTF, you should be putting up a jam OTT to charge from this huge ammounts of draws, instead you gave a fair price for Villain to continue with its values/bluffs and to try to outplay you on many rivers that completes a diamonds or a hearts.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to edit your post, it turns out that Ad doesn't work either on two colors and 4 colors deck. We will look to fix that problem in future

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this flop It's preferable to raise, you have a good hand, and you can extract value from the over pairs, flush draw, straight draw, and some Ax maybe some broadways.

When you bet on the turn the opponents can put you in a wide range of bluff, flush draw, straight draw, or over pair. but when you simple check on the river you create an opportunity for bluff, he can raise all his ace high, are dificultty to read his hand, he can have two pair maybe a set, playing in the BTN he will have more advantage on you.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) If we decide to bet-fold on the river, I would bet 1/4 pot, but i wouldn't play like that.
2) you still need to raise the flop more often in such situations, although sometimes a call is acceptable here, it depends on the opponents.
3) Because it is played, Villain can have a wide range of hands and his river bet tells us little. There can be a lot of bluffs and semi-bluffs.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Totally fine calling from BB with 66 and taking a 3-way flop.

Flop
SB donk bets for around 1/3 pot, and because of his sizing I feel, this is pretty much a mandatory raise. You are deep against SB, and when he leads out, he should have connected in some way, although given the later action apparently he had not. But that is kind of an outlier. I expect SB to call a reasonable flop raise at least 8-9 out of 10 times.

Turn
As played you clearly need to take over the betting, when SB check. I like your sizing.

River
You already said it yourself. Your hand is still strong enough to bet for value, and ideally he made something like aces up or maybe he has AX of hearts, so that the river card actually helped him. If he then raise, a lot of micro players are so unbalanced, that its basically always a flush, and you can fold your set.

The issue with checking is, that you probably never check a flush, so you put yourself in a spot, where this is one of the best hands, you can even have, so if you want to follow game theory just a little bit, then you kind of have to call. Truth be told though I dont know, how many micro players ever overbet as a bluff in a spot like this. The overbet is kind of the same as a raise, and in the micros it is probably essentially always a flush or at least something, that beat your set.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with guys who thinks that we should raise on the flop this bet for 1/3 of the pot to protection our set. The flop has some draws to flush. The some straight draw is less possible. As played - I also like your bet on the turn, it seems good. On the river I agree with hero and some guys that we should bet on the river, I bet here about 50% of the pot, it is kind of block bet on the river. When opponent raise our bet on the river it means usually that he has a flush. So better bet on the river, because when we check on the river opponents can think that we afraid the flush and it is good situation for him to bluff you and we will have harder decision. GL :)