H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 101.8 BB (VPIP: 27.23, PFR: 24.24, 3Bet Preflop: 17.53, hands: 472)
Hero (SB): 101.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T A

Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) T T Q
BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) 2
BB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, BB raises to 20 BB, Hero?

From my experience a move like that is super strong especially on paired boards, so i'm not sure what to do in that spot.
there are only a few combos that beat us and we beat all weaker trips, so schould we raise here to get some value before the river kills the action?
or should we call to not value-own ourself as it's unlikely villain would call a raise with like T9 when we're literally screaming "I have a Ten"

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really your decision here is between call or 3-bet. You should call w/o better info and keep your opponents bluffs in if they are aggressive. Against bad players, I like 3-betting on the flop.

In a BvB battle, I like 3-betting the flop here as well even against this opponent. He can have lots of worse Tx he thinks he's getting value from. Maybe even Qx if he's aggressive enough.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really your decision here is between call or 3-bet. You should call w/o better info and keep your opponents bluffs in if they are aggressive. Against bad players, I like 3-betting on the flop.

In a BvB battle, I like 3-betting the flop here as well even against this opponent. He can have lots of worse Tx he thinks he's getting value from. Maybe even Qx if he's aggressive enough.

you mean 3-betting the turn? he called the flop and 2-bet the turn.
and he was an aggressive competent opponent, guess if he donked the flop the decision would be much easier.
also i dont c-bet much so i doubt he would make this move as a pure bluff.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can fold this hand BvB unless you know villain only raises with nuts on the turn. I think you can still get called by worse T.

I would just re-raise to all in on the turn and hope for the best
and expect Villain would fold all his bluff and weaker draws like 8c9c

Other value hands I think villain may call would be
JxTs - 4 combos
QxTs - 3 combos
KxTs - 4 combos
AxTs - 3 combosKcJc - 1 combo
QcJc - 1 combo

Would expect AQ,KQ,QQ 3bet preflop and 22 fold on the flop

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still beat a lot of his tx hands. We can discount QQ as villain did not 3bet pre flop. A shame if he has qt, t2 or 22. But you still have to call here.
At microstakes villain can also do this with qx. I would actually 're raise on the turn to ensure we get paid off when we are OOP, especially since you hold top kicker.
Blind vs blind ranges are pretty wide.
If villain had a draw they would probably raise on the flop - so he's probably doing this for value.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree i would never fold here!
i'm just guessing if it's better to reraise till all-in on turn or slowplay and call villain down to get max value.
i guess it depends on player tendencies but this player was hard to read.
he was very aggro but his agression in this specific spot was unusual so after i thought threw the hand i'm leaning towards calling.

Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you mean 3-betting the turn? he called the flop and 2-bet the turn.
and he was an aggressive competent opponent, guess if he donked the flop the decision would be much easier.
also i dont c-bet much so i doubt he would make this move as a pure bluff.

Yup. replace flop w/ turn. So if you don't think he's doing it as a bluff, then 3-bet the turn.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he played it like he have Q10 there i can see him having 22 too, the half pot bet on the flop gives him good odds to continue with 22. you really cant call and wish to hit the Ace the decision is to 4bet and go all in if necessary or fold. the vilain have good stats and i dont like to put 100bb on this hand, i would FOLD.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he played it like he have Q10 there i can see him having 22 too, the half pot bet on the flop gives him good odds to continue with 22. you really cant call and wish to hit the Ace the decision is to 4bet and go all in if necessary or fold. the vilain have good stats and i dont like to put 100bb on this hand, i would FOLD.

lol good read! we got it in on turn and he had that QT :(
hm i didn't think i can fold here and its just a cooler, is folding really an option here??

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol good read! we got it in on turn and he had that QT :(
hm i didn't think i can fold here and its just a cooler, is folding really an option here??

Only if you can soul read.