$5 NLHE 6-max: Facing a shove of Tight Reg 3way with a Monster Draw!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): 111.6 BB
MP: 67.4 BB
CO: 100 BB
BTN: 114.2 BB

SB: 259 BB (VPIP: 78.02, PFR: 35.97, 3Bet Preflop: 14.50, AggoFactor: 3,Hands: 607)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.19, PFR: 15.72, 3Bet Preflop: 4.97,
AggoFactor: 2, Hands: 300)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A J

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (15 BB, 5 players) T K 7
SB bets 30 BB, BB raises to 97 BB and is all-in, Hero ???

Well, I know SB Player. In this spot he probably don't fold hands like TP after BB's shove. I think SB is jamming 77, TT, but I don't know if He do it with something else. Maybe KT hoping to extract value against BB weak calling range, but I'm not sure about this.
Q: Do you think is correct gii in this spot?

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy days. You're likely behind right now but have the 9 flush out, 3 straight outs and maybe an ace. Easy shove and you should hope both players call.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given BB knows SB is fish, BB might be a tad wider here than just sets? Also maybe he would 3bet JJ given OOP, multiway & fish at least zoom players would with those stats. So including KT like you hinted and taking JJ away. Against range {77, KTs} we should be good especially when we consider SB will call wide and BB will have also some combos weaker stuff. But I would sigh, no party.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given BB knows SB is fish, BB might be a tad wider here than just sets? Also maybe he would 3bet JJ given OOP, multiway & fish at least zoom players would with those stats. So including KT like you hinted and taking JJ away. Against range {77, KTs} we should be good especially when we consider SB will call wide and BB will have also some combos weaker stuff. But I would sigh, no party.
none of that matters. we have 49% chance to make the nuts youre never ever ever getting worse than 1:1 to call no mattter how big villains all in is

villain could bet $100 into a $2 pot we still have odds to call

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will deviate from popular opinion and offer my perspective. It is just a mediocre draw as most draws are in NLH with 51% failure expected with imperfect information. Although it is very nutted draw with the fact that is multi way is fantastic as it is unlikely your outs are dirty covered FH re-draws. I would call expecting the SB whale to come in and subsidize our draw. If the SB could be expected to fold as seen from previous behavior I would not be happy and feel unsure getting it in though I would feel disgusted folding...I am not folding just get the clock and figure it out. One look at the SB stats and the guy is obvious whale....he aint folding. After some thought I'd call grinning knowing it is a cash game and I can run this situation 59x more at least. I still stand by the mediocre draw comment.

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have an absolute monster draw to the nuts. You have to call.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your pot odds here are 41%. You have 12 outs by the river, which to hit your hand is about 47%.
So you can make a profitable call here, even though you are likely behind.
I would call

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
none of that matters. we have 49% chance to make the nuts youre never ever ever getting worse than 1:1 to call no mattter how big villains all in is

villain could bet $100 into a $2 pot we still have odds to call

Against (77,KTs) we have 40% equity, against (77,TT) we have 35%, it matters.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the $ already in the pot and the odds you're getting, it's a call.