$5 NLHE 6-max: Doubts about Playing AK unimproved!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 75.6 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
CO: 204.2 BB
BTN: 110.4 BB
SB: 58 BB

Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 99 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K A

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 14 BB, MP calls 11 BB, fold

Q1: Do you Disagree about this 3bet sizing?

Flop: (31.4 BB, 2 players) 7 6 9
Hero checks, MP bets 15 BB, Hero ???

Tought situation for me. Villain seems to be a type of fish, given his Stack. I don't see that I have fold equity here, given that SPR and possible type of Villain.
Q2: Would you Cbet this flop expecting any fold equity given that assumptions?
Q3: As played, would you Call or Fold(maybe Shove??) this float bet?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q1
Think it is the right sizing (would bet between 14-15 BB)
Q2
Think cBetting is a good option here you will have indeed little fold equity but you have two over-cards and a back-door NUT flush draw so you can continue on any heart and any A and any K which is about 1/3 of the time (betting 1/2 pot which only needs to work 1/3 of the time is a good option in this position)
Q3
As played I would fold as I don't think shoving has enough fold equity although you could be just ahead already. As your OOP I would never call in this situation.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop is ok. On flop as he is a fish (no full stack) i'm not happy to barrel my hand. Not much fold equity. Just check/fold on flop is ok.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet sizing pf looks OK.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop is okay, I like to keep my 3b at no more than 4x the raise, but if you prefer going big then that's fine.
I like a cbet on that flop with the intention of folding to a raise and giving up on turn if I don't turn more equity.
As played id just fold

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand perfectly in my opinion, those 3 connected boards are super tricky... Combined with the fact you don't have fold equity vs such a player, check/folding becomes the best option.

N

noobydooby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm by no means a professional, but here's my opinion.

Your preflop sizing seems a bit too high. 4x is enough to fold out bluffs and weak hands.

Then postlop, you do have the backdoor, and two overs. Yes, your opponent could POTENTIALLY have a draw or a set. Still though, i think a C bet could've taken down the pot, and you don't have equity to call. I would vote for a c bet, and then see where that takes you.

As played, your OOP, so you can't reasonably call with your hand. Think you could have plenty of straights, draws, or potential trips that want to bet. I think you should've gone for a 2/3 or 3/4 bet, and made a case. But I'd be interested to be proven wrong

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not the greatest cash player at all, bet sizing seems big, but you had a raise and a call and your out of position, in my experience if your out of position so your bet should be on the larger scale as a result I would agree with that bet sizing

however I don't see how your in a tough spot here, you cant raise fold him as your preflop raise is so large it would commit you to the pot, secondly if you think he is a fish, no point risking it right now, play back at him with a stronger hand and he will pay you off, so on such a wet board, the check fold is the only reasonable solution

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre is good. Oop 4x is good vs 1 player. Vs a caller a bit bigger is better.

On the flop the spr is 2. We have the nut no hand, two overs and a bdnfd. As a default I bet range small here vs a reg. it works vs an unknown.

I think folding to the half pot bet would be an overfold and I think we have too much equity vs his range. It’d be a big win for villain.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q1
Think it is the right sizing (would bet between 14-15 BB)
Q2
Think cBetting is a good option here you will have indeed little fold equity but you have two over-cards and a back-door NUT flush draw so you can continue on any heart and any A and any K which is about 1/3 of the time (betting 1/2 pot which only needs to work 1/3 of the time is a good option in this position)
Q3
As played I would fold as I don't think shoving has enough fold equity although you could be just ahead already. As your OOP I would never call in this situation.

Hujiko is spot on. As played the villains range includes suited connectors and middling pairs.