braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q1: Do we raise flop?
Q2: Do we bet turn?

Villain no info, zoom.

Ranges are too tight to 4bet pre for value is my guess. His 3bet range should be around 10% and should be heavily polarized, even so that bluffs are over presented.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 119.4 BB
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 2)
BB: 274.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG: 102.2 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
MP: 112.2 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
CO: 127 BB (VPIP: 23.19, PFR: 14.71, 3Bet Preflop: 3.57, Hands: 70)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J J

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB raises to 9 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (18.4 BB, 2 players) 6 7 9
BB bets 8.8 BB, Hero calls 8.8 BB

Turn: (36 BB, 2 players) T
BB checks, Hero bets 24 BB

Last edited:
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on BU you can consider JJ in 4bet/call range because you still have fold equity and vs 5bet you still have a decent hand with good equity. But I guess on nl5 it's just ok to call a 3bet with jacks.

Postflop I think I call once. There is no reason to raise it because you isolate yourself vs QQ+ and something like AcKc and vs that range you are crushed. so call flop. On the turn If your villain checks I think it's a good spot to bet turn and river and hope we will fold his overpairs. We just can't bet turn and check river. It would doesn't make any sense. so bet turn or just check it. I prefer bet bet.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the turn If your villain checks I think it's a good spot to bet turn and river and hope we will fold his overpairs. We just can't bet turn and check river. It would doesn't make any sense. so bet turn or just check it. I prefer bet bet.

So if he calls turn we assume big part of his rang is JJ+. Given this is 5NL we don’t fold overpairs, so if blank card hits, do we still like to barrel?

Also, from you comments it seems that betting JJ here is purely for bluff, do you see any value component on it?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So if he calls turn we assume big part of his rang is JJ+. Given this is 5NL we don’t fold overpairs, so if blank card hits, do we still like to barrel?

Also, from you comments it seems that betting JJ here is purely for bluff, do you see any value component on it?

ye we turn it into the bluff. The problem is I can't imagine we will win that hand on river after check down. Of course I can be wrong and on nl5 people are so bad that they can even bet AKo here on the flop so maybe check turn and river wouldn't be so bad at all. So maybe you are right that on nl5 It's not the best idea to turn it into the bluff.

Anyway I think that If we bet turn, we always have to bet river as an exploit. Even on blank. Of course check on river would be save but his check/call turn looks like he doesn't like the turn and still I believe that calling there with aces would be pretty bad and hard for him. We clearly can represent 8x there.

But ye.. it's nl5 and we have better spots to exploit people and earn money.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He folded. I try to remember more clearly villain check calling turn implications. Ty.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I disagree with Misaki. In my view both ranges are super strong (AJs+ AQo+ TT+), cause it's so easy to the BB to just call with medium brodways and pairs, so he probably be on the top. So in a 1 color flop, the standard is to c-bet, totally ok, with the flush draw or not. I think that the call keeps his semi-bluffs and the airs in the game, no need to raise. After his checks i think that he really have AQs+ or AQo+ with no clubs but we don't want to give a free card usually, besides i think the check is good option too.