D

Dentolle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 139.6 BB (VPIP: 17.19, PFR: 14.06, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, hands: 68)
Hero (MP): 117.7 BB
CO: 271.2 BB (VPIP: 31.17, PFR: 11.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.90, Hands: 78)
BTN: 330.9 BB (VPIP: 26.76, PFR: 22.54, 3Bet Preflop: 10.91, Hands: 143)
SB: 104.3 BB (VPIP: 22.39, PFR: 20.90, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 68)
BB: 101.4 BB (VPIP: 25.64, PFR: 25.64, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 41)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 A

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BTN raises to 9.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 6.7 BB

Flop: (19.9 BB, 2 players) 4 8 8
Hero checks, BTN bets 10.8 BB, Hero calls 10.8 BB

Turn: (41.5 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 25.3 BB, fold,

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre
terrible hand to flat the oop. Or you could 4bet a small % of the time
on the turn use the rule of 2 & 4 to calculate your odds & check the price you are getting
I'm leaning towards a fold cause you don't have clean outs since the board is paired

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were in your place, maybe I'd bet on the flop. The villain has position on you and also has more chips, is a complicated situation.

Maybe he did not have a hand made yet, on the turn you had been flushdraw nuts, and gutshot, plus an overcard, if I had some reading from the villain I would pay that bet, without readings I'd fold too.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold to the 3b oop pre. Calling is dicey.

Calling flops good. On the turn we only need roughly 33bb more from the hand to break even on the call when we make our hand. The pot will be 90bb+, a flush isn't very disguised but should still mine over 33% of the pot if we hit.

I'd call.

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vilain seems aggro and on the button may even be looser calling oop is very bad i agree with 4bet some percentage -as played you can chk raise gii-you have good equity and you wont get bluffed off

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would fold pre-flop. Villain is in position and A7s is one of the worst Axs you can have.

This is one of the best flops you can hope for. Calling on the flop is a loosing proposition as he likely will fire another barrel on the turn if no spade comes and you wont realize your full equity as you have to fold on the turn. Would check-raise here as that gives you a lot of fold equity as the hero 3 bets pretty wide. As hes aggressive he prob will cbet a load of the time and therefor fold a high % of his hands.

If he has a hand KK or QQ or any other over pair he decides to call with not being AA you have 9 + 3 is 12 outs. He also might (probably will) also fold AK hands that have you crushed if an A comes on the turn, even if he has AK and calls your 7 is live.

Turn: With the extra gutshot equity on the turn check raising becomes an option here also.

Last edited:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with what people are saying here it's actually a very easy fold pre.So if we make the correct decisions pre we don't need to worry about postflop.Your calling range vs a 3bet here oop should look something like 99+,AJs+,AQo+.Then you'lll have some 4bet bluffs as'well so possibly ATs,KQs could be used for those.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would fold pre-flop. Villain is in position and A7s is one of the worst Axs you can have.

This is one of the best flops you can hope for. Calling on the flop is a loosing proposition as he likely will fire another barrel on the turn if no spade comes and you wont realize your full equity as you have to fold on the turn. Would check-raise here as that gives you a lot of fold equity as the hero 3 bets pretty wide. As hes aggressive he prob will cbet a load of the time and therefor fold a high % of his hands.

If he has a hand KK or QQ or any other over pair he decides to call with not being AA you have 9 + 3 is 12 outs. He also might (probably will) also fold AK hands that have you crushed if an A comes on the turn, even if he has AK and calls your 7 is live.

Turn: With the extra gutshot equity on the turn check raising becomes an option here also.

What value do we have in our range to use this as an x/r? What hands are left in our x/c range that can fight on turns?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What value do we have in our range to use this as an x/r? What hands are left in our x/c range that can fight on turns?

Over pairs can be used here as value hands its a thin line but that is what you get with A7s calling a 3 Bet Preflop.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u did call prefolp, and by calling the flop with a the paired board,u think that if u hit your flush u will have the best hand. so we will go from there calling 25bb to win 90 having flush and staight drws with 12outs its on the red line but it worth a call on the turn for me.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over pairs can be used here as value hands its a thin line but that is what you get with A7s calling a 3 Bet Preflop.

I think raising overpairs (I imagine our highest is JJ?) is dicey. If we get here with A7s then we have A8s. I’d probably get here with more 8x through sc’s (I prefer calling 78s here than A7s) than A8s so we might have a few 8x combos, and possibly have a few gs and combo draws to semi bluff?

I’m not sure what we have to fight for flush or ace turns if we use this combo as a semi bluff here, plus I imagine gii to a 3B on the flop is bad. Being forced to fold is worse.

I’d probably prefer a range call though, do you think there’s merit in that?

I prefer the idea of x/r turn. Double barrelling good run outs?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think raising overpairs (I imagine our highest is JJ?) is dicey. If we get here with A7s then we have A8s. I’d probably get here with more 8x through sc’s (I prefer calling 78s here than A7s) than A8s so we might have a few 8x combos, and possibly have a few gs and combo draws to semi bluff?

I’m not sure what we have to fight for flush or ace turns if we use this combo as a semi bluff here, plus I imagine gii to a 3B on the flop is bad. Being forced to fold is worse.

I’d probably prefer a range call though, do you think there’s merit in that?

I prefer the idea of x/r turn. Double barrelling good run outs?

Would prob only do this with over pairs that have a spade in it such that it is less likely that the villain has a flush draw and will call on the flop. And yes TT, JJ but also sometimes QQ.

I mostly try not to have a lot of drawing hands in my calling range when OOP as its more difficult to extract value OOP and at this level I do some balancing but if the people look very close they would notice probably that I am unbalanced, I rather vary play based on the opponent. And as on the micro/mid levels there are sufficient players on both sides of the spectrum there is almost no need to play GTO style and balance a lot.

So if the player is aggressive I prefer calling with monsters and if the player is passive I prefer betting with monsters that way it also looks that I am more balanced overall. Against aggressive opponents I like to check raise with hands that have a good draw as aggressive players tend to cbet wide and therefor you will get more fold equity when you check-raise them and also they are likely to barrel the turn so I wont get a chance to realize the full equity (4x nr outs) of the draw if I just call on the flop.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would prob only do this with over pairs that have a spade in it such that it is less likely that the villain has a flush draw and will call on the flop. And yes TT, JJ but also sometimes QQ.

I mostly try not to have a lot of drawing hands in my calling range when OOP as its more difficult to extract value OOP and at this level I do some balancing but if the people look very close they would notice probably that I am unbalanced, I rather vary play based on the opponent. And as on the micro/mid levels there are sufficient players on both sides of the spectrum there is almost no need to play GTO style and balance a lot.

So if the player is aggressive I prefer calling with monsters and if the player is passive I prefer betting with monsters that way it also looks that I am more balanced overall. Against aggressive opponents I like to check raise with hands that have a good draw as aggressive players tend to cbet wide and therefor you will get more fold equity when you check-raise them and also they are likely to barrel the turn so I wont get a chance to realize the full equity (4x nr outs) of the draw if I just call on the flop.

I agree. I rarely use a balanced amount of bluffs, here I just think raising leaves us in a lot of tricky turn spots.

Getting called isnt good, we rarely improve, getting shoved on is a disaster. And our checking range is battered.

I guess i mean i want to be able to fight on turns more with my raising and checking range.