$5 NLHE 6-max: Calling river with TP ??

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feels like a V bet by V more than a bluff. Could be feeling that I was barrelling a FD as well, as technically I did. Wouldn't have led the turn if I didn't have a BDFD
Is this a call with a 10 kicker???

partypoker - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 106.4 BB (VPIP: 15.91, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, hands: 45)
SB: 80 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 8)
BB: 147.8 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 15.28, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 72)
Hero (UTG): 126.2 BB
MP: 122 BB (VPIP: 22.52, PFR: 18.06, 3Bet Preflop: 7.77, Hands: 1,028)
CO: 100.8 BB (VPIP: 20.45, PFR: 15.91, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qs Ts
Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (7.4 BB, 2 players) Qc 8s 3c
Hero bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Turn : (15.4 BB, 2 players) 4s
Hero bets 8.8 BB, BTN calls 8.8 BB

River : (33 BB, 2 players) 5d
Hero checks, BTN bets 24 BB, ??

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ, KQ... or top pair, or set...

One of the problems of aggressive rallying in the streets - you do not let the villain show the power of his hand - he just rings and you do not know what he has. You raise every street a little, he keeps calling, he puts a lot on the river or even everything - and you are facing a question - what does he have? How good is your couple with a weak kicker?

In addition, you somehow did not put the river. Villains like to bluff in a missed continuation bet. It was necessary to put another 10 BB, instead of a check.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a call imo, a set would raise somewhere on flop/turn

we might be against better kicker but it could be unperpair too by the calling on 2 streets or some clubs draw

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably call this even though we're not happy to call it.
His stats suggest that he's a nit but you don't have alot of hands on him though.
On the other hand you probably have your worst queen in this spot. So I don't hate folding with QT and calling with QJ+. I don't think he has a set here very often since he probably would have raised on the flop/turn with two flush draws out there.
I really depends on how often you think he would bluff with a missed flush draw or going for thin value with sth. like Q9s.

I think I prefer checking the turn even with the bdfd. Ask yourself " If my hand wasn't a flush draw, how would I play it" ? Chances are you should play the flush draw the same with. This is the first rule of the flush draw guide from upswingpoker. Rule 5 suggests to bet in this kind of situation though.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I prefer checking the turn even with the bdfd. Ask yourself " If my hand wasn't a flush draw, how would I play it" ? Chances are you should play the flush draw the same with. This is the first rule of the flush draw guide from upswingpoker. Rule 5 suggests to bet in this kind of situation though.

This is exactly how I play FD as I'm following Upswing as well.
But here it's a bit different cause we have too much equity to not build a decent pot with TP. That's why I bet the turn as well.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is not aggressive, he likes to call, not bluff. Big river bluffs are not common, from all but most aggressive players. So I don’t see that we can call it.

If I read villain tight, I would prefer check-bet-bet line, or maybe bet-check-bet.

Trying to balance lines against players like this, at least given the current data, is waste of time. Better balancing line, if you want really, is to not always barrel FD. Why would you always barrel FD?

Imo obviously, might be quite wrong.

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have check the flop. CBetting isn't bad its just you're going to have a hard time getting called by many worse hands. You're going to get called by a lot FD, which you're only slightly ahead of at the moment. If they have TP they're never folding.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does picking up a BDFD on the turn make you bet it? Nothing folds the turn that called the flop, and we're looking to hit the flush cheaply and play a 2 street hand with TPNK.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ, KQ... or top pair, or set...

One of the problems of aggressive rallying in the streets - you do not let the villain show the power of his hand - he just rings and you do not know what he has. You raise every street a little, he keeps calling, he puts a lot on the river or even everything - and you are facing a question - what does he have? How good is your couple with a weak kicker?

In addition, you somehow did not put the river. Villains like to bluff in a missed continuation bet. It was necessary to put another 10 BB, instead of a check.
I agree with you, villain is not agresaive, he don't bluff here, have AQ, or top pair, fold easy..