Turn :2d4:
SB leads 12.5 Bb into 30 Bb
Hero calls

Rivers :ad4:
Sb checks
Hero’s bets 40 bb into 55 Bb pots

Sb check raise the pot 95 bb now it’s total 190 bb in the pot

Hero calls the check raise

Sb shows :qd4::jd4: takes the pot with Q high flush.
Any thought of the calls on the turn with the donk bet
Should I call the check raise with weak flush I thought I was good putting him on top set or straight.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd pay it off at that point. Someone else can run this through a range analyzer, but at that point you may have to call off the rest of your stack in that spot given that straights and sets can be in villains range. I mean the re-raise is strong with the flush out there so you'd have to be an ultra pro and have super good hand-reading to actually fold this spot.

I'd imagine Doug Polk says call.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think you played it fine. I'm sure a lot of people will criticize you calling the 3bet, but that's a pretty sneaky hand to play in that spot and you'll have position. The check/raise on the river is weird and frankly a bad play in my opinion on part of the villain. It only makes sense if he's completely convinced you have a flush. You're checking all your 1 pair hands and possibly some 2 pair hands. And honestly it's weird for you to have a flush given the preflop action and AQJ all unavailable. One thing I'll add, I've tended to notice anytime a river play looks really weird and looks like a seemingly obvious call spot(such as this spot)...often a guy is trying to creatively play a monster. Calling in that spot is honestly hoping the guy has a set or something...but he's never going to have a bluff here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Fold when the action first get to you, fold to the 3-bet. End of hand.

Flop
Bet when he check to you. You flopped a gutshot and backdoor flushdraw, and you have 7 high. So whatever you can get him to fold is good for you.

Turn
As played just call. A bit to late to start bluffing now, since you would not be representing much if anything.

River
Cooler situation, but you created your own cooler by getting involved incorrectly preflop. Ad on the board significantly reduce the amount of flush combos, he is 3-betting with, so I would have a really hard time bet-folding a flush, as the hand played out.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cbet the flop you have a gutshot and back door flush draw and then that's a turn i would barell on with the incresed equity. As played id call the river villain can easily have some worse value hands and bluffs.

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Fold when the action first get to you, fold to the 3-bet. End of hand.

Flop
Bet when he check to you. You flopped a gutshot and backdoor flushdraw, and you have 7 high. So whatever you can get him to fold is good for you.

Turn
As played just call. A bit to late to start bluffing now, since you would not be representing much if anything.

River
Cooler situation, but you created your own cooler by getting involved incorrectly preflop. Ad on the board significantly reduce the amount of flush combos, he is 3-betting with, so I would have a really hard time bet-folding a flush, as the hand played out.

What would you recommend a flop cbet sizing? This is ignition zoom table no HUD or player info. Given we know his holecard he flop TPMK with backdoor flush. Thanks

L

loaderseven

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cbet the flop you have a gutshot and back door flush draw and then that's a turn i would barell on with the incresed equity. As played id call the river villain can easily have some worse value hands and bluffs.

Thank you for the reply, can you recommend me a flop cbet sizing?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cbet 21-26bb on the flop instead of giving villain an easy ride to your cooler.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you have any specific information about the villain? I ask because the 3bet that made you was a very large size. Enough to withdraw your hand in the preflop.
Maybe if SB showed player characteristics that make three bets with premium connectors and you would like to get lucky with a coordinated board in your favor, otherwise you should fold in preflop.
Once you see the flop you must bet on your gutshot, although you have an out discount for the possible color of clover, so it should be of a smaller size, less than 50% would be correct.
On the turn, honestly the 2d is not as good a street as it seems. At this point, you should consider that it is more likely to find higher diamond values, in the range of the villain. This thought should be related to the texture of the board. For example, now the villain is more likely to have a J of diamonds in his range, which is not good for us, since the villain would be blocking our color.
If the texture of the board were reversed, this is high diamond values, this would be a much better scenario for us, because we would have wider equity, to try to bet on value at this time.
In the river the Ad came out and this is good news, but you have several blockers that compensate for the difference (as mentioned in the previous point). So in this case, you have a color that most of the time you will lose with better scales . For what I prefer in these cases the check.
Regards.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea. the only reason you'd ever continue with this hand is if you think you could win the pot on flops like that.

By the River I think you have to call, but his play indicates that you'll find much better spots against this guy in the future. I wouldn't push it by opening such a weak holding UTG +1.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop
Loose open from that position and a fold to 3 bet is the best play

The rest of the hand played out itself as on the turn you've got a combo draw.

Once we've got there it's a slam dunk value bet he could have alsorts of Jx we could get a call out of as well as overpairs. Once raised its an awful spot and one you probably just have to call off

All could of been avoided just folding pre flop

Full Flush Poker