$5 NLHE 6-max: Big river shove against my straight - call? Fold?

P

papillon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know nothing about the villain, but the game seems to be full of players who will go all the way with very little.

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 6 players

1500metrov (UTG): $6.02 (120 bb)
jexuda (MP): $5.00 (100 bb)
PakisR (CO): $4.89 (98 bb)
papillon (BU): $5.00 (100 bb)
dj99mma (SB): $14.05 (281 bb)
Mhson (BB): $6.34 (127 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero (papillon) is BTN with K Q
2 players fold, PakisR (CO) raises to $0.20, papillon (BU) calls $0.20, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.47) T 9 4 (2 players)
PakisR (CO) bets $0.25, papillon (BU) calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.97) J (2 players)
PakisR (CO) bets $1.05, papillon (BU) calls $1.05

River: ($3.07) 2 (2 players)
PakisR (CO) bets $3.39 (all-in)

I fear a flush, but I feel like he’s put a lot of money in on the first two streets for someone that was drawing.

What should I do?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to put the player's names next time. Not very good form :(

This guy raises 4x pre... is this usual for him? Some players at low stakes raise bigger with premium hands, so you have to know you could be dominated by AQ, AK sometimes here. But calling is fine.

Floating the flop is fine. You have a gutshot, if this guy cbets a good percentage you should be good.

On the turn you have the nuts, you are never folding. He over bets here... I figure he has a set or over pair and is worried about YOU outdrawing him with diamonds.

You could probably shove here since he could be scared by a lot of river cards.

As played, you are never folding that river. Some small percentage of the time he's made it with AK of clubs or something... the rest of the time he has 99+, maybe even JTs for 2 pair. Looks like an easy win for you.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 5nl he could even do that with AJ or something really bad so never folding that river esp with that price.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call as the flush was backdoor. Tough break if you lose, though.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would say he played it like a big pair. a small bet on the flop to keep you in. a bigger bet on the turn to take the pot down then a shove on the river thinking you might now fold to the flush. If he had something like 9c 10c he probable plays it the same way. if so you just got unlucky. also if he had Ac with Kc or Qc he could have played the draw that aggressively. either way im not folding. So what did he have?

D

Dimitris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove turn. This villaine wants to play for stacks and you have the nuts. Why slow play?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must block the color with a big bet on the turn.
You do not want to give the villain a free street, so you must attract his entire diamond range. Do not forget that you have an important blocker (Kd), which reduces the chances of the villain getting its scale.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am kind of debating, if I like your slowplay on the turn. The board is very wet, so why not just get it in, while we have the nuts, rather than facing some river card, which either make us bad or kill our action. Any diamond or club complete a flush, any J, T, 9, 4 make a FH possible, and finally a K or Q make a better straight possible. So getting it in on the turn is for sure the much easier option and save a lot of headache on the river.

On the other hand he did overbet, and a raise would look so strong, he might fold hands like AA or KK, that is playing scared. Keeping those hands in is the justification for just calling, but then you have to assume, he might also overplay them on the river, since this is, what you were trying to achieve. So as played there is no way, you can even consider folding. If he back-doored into a flush, just sucks to be you.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt the push is the best option on the turn. It is expected that a serious player will finish his hand, if he finds a very high price at this point.
But also maybe someone likes to float with a gutshot and color project (AK?).
Played that way we are in a difficult situation, and we could consider the fold in the river.
Also when 2 color doors open on the turn, there is a 50% chance of finding the flushdraw on the river.

Folding in Poker