GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 26/19/3

Just a line check here really.

Maybe could have 4 bet slightly larger. 3 Betting villain was a 63/20/11....

Anyway, figure that any K and many draws calling on the flop, so always following up the 4 bet with a flop C bet here.

I dont mind the turn really. 3 to a flush out there now, but the best flushes are blocked with my A and the K on the board. Ranging opponent, well he called my 4 bet after opening, so I doubt he has KK and AA is extremely unlikely. After 80 hands he really does not look wild enough to be calling light, so I could put him on a pretty strong capped range of AK, QQ, JJ, TT (I am totally crushing this, even more so than I thought when I check eq calc) and maybe not even much else. AQ, AJ, 99 and 88 are possible (still puts me as a massive favourite), but less likely. With roughly a pot sized bet left I just jam it rather than messing around. In the heat of the moment I'm looking for a hero call with any flush draw or king, accepting I am behind sometimes but at least have very good equity if so,

I think the fish folding flop made this much easier to play. Players like that can turn up here with crap like 58s hearts, two pair, or a draw to some crazy straight on the river. Basically they are very difficult to range, and while I would happily jam vs them 1 on 1, 3 ways it really gets to be much more likely I lose to something wacky, which is pretty tilting. So for the bonus question, would you still jam in this spot if we had come to the turn 3 ways? With that SPR we probably should, right?

Pacific Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 60 BB
Hero (SB): 106 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 106.8 BB
MP: 117.2 BB
CO: 159.8 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A A

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 5 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, MP calls 7 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Flop: (31 BB, 3 players) 9 K 2
Hero bets 20.6 BB, MP calls 20.6 BB, fold

Turn: (72.2 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero bets 75.4 BB and is all-in, MP calls 75.4 BB

River: (223 BB, 2 players) 4

Hero shows A A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 93%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
MP shows K A (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 7%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
Hero wins 212 BB

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I am also unsure on cold 4-bet sizes vs a min 3-bet like that.... but a 2x raise is wayyyy too small.

Considering that it's a squeeze I think 3x (15bb) is the minimum given the small bet sizes. .

As a default I try to never size ANY 4-bet less than 20bbs. Keep in mind that you can go bigger because no player has capped their range yet

If you went about 18bb here I think you'd be safe, however. You want to make sure your opponents don't get good enough odds to set-mine.

Flop: It is a wet board, and your 4-bet size pre is comparable to a 3-bet size, so we can think of this like a 3-bet pot instead. I don't think I can knock you for your sizing here, though I wouldn't go bigger than that.

Turn: I don't think you have to shove here but it's not a bad idea. V will call with enough hands, though I never thought AK would be in there (I'd shove that pre). You are right not to be worried about flushes since they are blocked.

However- you said V's range is AK, QQ-TT with maybe AQ, 99-88... I think a smaller bet accomplishes more with that range. You'd call off any shove over you,. since those would be weighted to weaker hands and bluffs, with only 99 beating you (not sure he calls flop with 88)

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the player's profile I let go of the hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Definitely want to go bigger with the 4-bet strictly for value. 15-18BB would be fine.

Flop
Here I think, you need to size your bet down a bit. In general bet sizes should be smaller in 4-bet pots, because the SPR is relatively low. Bet sizes should typically also be smaller multiway. They are not folding a K to any bet size on the flop, but you can get value from a K later, so there is no need to play so fast. And if they have a hand like TT-QQ, you make it very difficult for them to continue, when you bomb the pot like this. Especially MP who also need to worry about a guy behind him.

Turn
Because you bombed the flop, you only have around a pot sized bet left. For this reason you can either jam and make it a two street hand, or slow down considerably and bet pretty small. I dont see any point in making this a two street hand, especially not when you hold the A of hearts, because then there are almost no bad river cards for you. Maybe a K is bad, but thats pretty much it. When you play this fast, you pretty much only get action, when you coolered him, as was the case in this hand. Some players might even consider folding a hand as strong as KQ especially without Q of hearts, which is a disaster for you.

Full Flush Poker