$5 NLHE 6-max: A raise UTG+1 I hold A,Q no reads, flat call?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, no real reads yet how would you play this and so on?

He played the hand aggressive all the way, should I of played the hand differently? I put him on A,K or a good pocket pair just the way he played it. I assumed I was only behind to either a set (unlikely) A,K.

When in this position how should I play it ? Should I re-raise the flop to see where I'm at? I'm assuming he would re-raise me on the flop again if he had Aces or A,K? Maybe even if he held an underpair like Kings,Queens..

Any advice on how I should be playing this hand would be great cheers.

Poker Stars - $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em (5 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB Hero: $5.26
BB: $2.69
UTG: $1.65
CO: $7.71
BTN: $2.22

Pre-flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB and dealt :qd4: :ah4:
UTG folds, CO raises $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, BB folds

Flop: ($0.65) :8c4: :as4: :3h4: (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.46, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.46

Turn: ($1.57) :8c4: :as4: :3h4: :6d4: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.37) :8c4: :as4: :3h4: :6d4: :6h4: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $3.37

Showdown below:
Hero shows :qd4: :ah4:
Outcome: Hero wins $3.21

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd 3-bet pre in most cases. You can also bet/fold the river, but this seems okay.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd 3-bet pre in most cases. You can also bet/fold the river, but this seems okay.

I've also done this before. If shoved, then is it an easy fold and move on or what? I just find, out of position if I'm flat called and if I don't hit or even do hit like that example I don't know where I'm at most times. It could be all sorts, so how do you determine whether or not to basically ship? Come river if I've called down I'm pretty much pot committed to call a shove anyway so it's soo frustrating!

Also, what do you put the villian on in this hand? Will display results shortly..

Thanks!

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, thought stacks were deeper than they were. You could still prolly B/F the river for like $1.70, but its kinda icky to fold when it'll cost you like $2 to win $8ish. But yeah, you're generally not getting the 20% bluffs you'd need to call a river raise.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ramdeebam: shows [Qd Ah] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
Texasmaniac6: mucks hand
ramdeebam collected $3.21 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.37 | Rake $0.16
Board [8c As 3h 6d 6h]
Seat 1: Yeppe35 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Texasmaniac6 mucked [Kd Ks]
Seat 4: mehrub04 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: ramdeebam (small blind) showed [Qd Ah] and won ($3.21) with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 6: dami1979 (big blind) folded before Flop

so yeah nice call baudib.

EDIT: shows mucked, but actually he did have pocket Kings.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, thought stacks were deeper than they were. You could still prolly B/F the river for like $1.70, but its kinda icky to fold when it'll cost you like $2 to win $8ish. But yeah, you're generally not getting the 20% bluffs you'd need to call a river raise.

Yeah that's my problem but with 6max it's hard to always put them on A,K for example or anything that's so much more than a marginal hand. Should I of bet the river in the end or what? I hate these hands more than anything.

I much prefer suited connectors or something lol. I'm always worried every raise pre flop that I'm dominated by a kicker even though I had second best kicker, think this is a problem for me. I always think I'm beat...and I hate calling down and being a passive player.

I'm unhappy at how I played the hand. Then again, if I did re-raise him on the flop he would most likely ship his kings meaning I might and probs would fold the best hand post flop or he would fold and I got no real value out of him. So wtf do I do lol.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did we c/c the turn? and I definitely 3bet pre

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how tight villain is you can raise the turn / bet river for value or just c/c turn and bet river. He is never folding Ax or 99+ here.

Also you have a load of misconceptions. Reading your OP was like reading 2p2 threads about live games with the "I put him on AK" and "raise to see where I'm at" stuff