$5 NLHE 6-max: 4-bet pot, after some light 3-betting table dynamics

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do we get to river cheaply? I feel like this is a good flop to check behind, but there are many turn cards that would change things.

We had been playing a while 3-handed, with one maniac (80/80 PFR/VPIP), so the light 3-betting began.

This guy is loose passive, so I'm not sure how much credit we can give him for 4-bet bluffing.

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 118.8 BB (VPIP: 77.78, PFR: 77.78, 3Bet Preflop: 53.85, hands: 38)
CO: 105.2 BB (VPIP: 33.96, PFR: 22.64, 3Bet Preflop: 6.45, Hands: 55)
Hero (BTN): 157.6 BB
SB: 59 BB (VPIP: 29.94, PFR: 21.97, 3Bet Preflop: 6.80, Hands: 319)
BB: 116.8 BB (VPIP: 25.65, PFR: 20.52, 3Bet Preflop: 5.19, Hands: 236)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8.4 BB, fold, fold, CO raises to 24.4 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Flop: (50.2 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: 9:heart: Q:spade:
CO checks, Hero bets 20 BB, CO calls 20 BB

Turn: (90.2 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
CO checks, Hero checks

River: (90.2 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
CO bets 60.8 BB and is all-in, fold

CO wins 85.8 BB

1.2 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this hand is fine, some minor sizingmistakes... 3bet bigger, especially if the dynamic is loose. Aslo wouldnt mind to just cc to induce squeezes but 3bet certainly is the ABC way to play it. Also I would stab flop smaller, but with my entire range. Around 25-30% other than that I think you played fine. Unless you have the read that he's a huge fish ez fold on the river.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 105bb effective stacks id shove this preflop given the table dynamics are on the more aggressive side it makes a light 4bet much more likely.As played given the spr on the turn none of the options are that great i don't think on this board texture and id likely just shove the turn.If i'm checking it's probably to check call the river but the hand might play better on this board texture by checking back the flop and controlling the pot size we can always extract some value later in the hand with a value bet.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 105bb effective stacks id shove this preflop given the table dynamics are on the more aggressive side it makes a light 4bet much more likely.As played given the spr on the turn none of the options are that great i don't think on this board texture and id likely just shove the turn.If i'm checking it's probably to check call the river but the hand might play better on this board texture by checking back the flop and controlling the pot size we can always extract some value later in the hand with a value bet.

Given dynamics and his rather large 4B sizing, I would also just 5B shove Preflop. I don’t really like to check behind flop with so many ugly turn cards to come. That being said it might actually slow him down as well.

What do you think are reasonable ranges to assume for both players going to the flop?

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the idea of 5betting, thus jamming in that spot. If we do so Our range is unbalanced. 16 Combos of AK vs 12 AA, KK. Unless you start 5betjamming QQ in that spot, And even then we would need to play all AKs postflop to get
a valueheavy ratio. I think we're much better of taking our entire range postflop and realizing our equity IP, as even weak players don't make much mistakes preflop.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars