Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 104 BB (VPIP: 17.10, PFR: 14.94, 3Bet Preflop: 7.02, Hands: 313)
UTG: 104.2 BB (VPIP: 25.56, PFR: 18.54, 3Bet Preflop: 8.39, Fold to 3B: 43, Hands: 362)
MP: 115.6 BB
CO: 124.2 BB
BTN: 104 BB
Hero (SB): 124.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A Q

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero???

Given my position and Villain stats( including tendencies about villain in the BB, that I know it matters too much about this decision) what would you do here?
3Bet or Call and why?

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm thinking call, get squeezed by BB, which will cause UTG to likely fold, and you can call the squeeze. If you 3bet you will probably see a larger re-raise by BB which will unnecessarily bloat the pot for you with AQo.

S

SkorpiosMC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to apply the strategy of 3bet or fold from small blind generally, so i might 3bet there 9 out of 10 times holding AQo. Calling however is not a bad decision but has the con that given bb stats he might call as well, puttin us in a difficult situation out of position.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here, as I don't like playing large pots with offsuit hands OOP

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would 3b or fold the hand

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can either call or 3b, AQs is always going to play well post even vs UTG. If a weaker player was in the BB a 3b would make less sense.

This is a good hand to 3b as we have raw equity vs pretty much everything and plays fairly well post

Folding is not an option

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given villain is 25/18 player indicates he has no defined ranges yet, also his fold to 3bet is low we can assume he might call a variety of hands (and we only need a little bit extra) and we can 3bet for value against his calling range. Given we are OOP adds some to the equation too, he will call even wider and also we need to fold the best hand quite many of the flops when we miss and he CB.

Calling would be my default line though.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will 3 bet here it hard to play this hand out of position and without taking the lead. i would need control there. if u get 4 bet u can fold.

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would consider villains's pfr stats for the seat he is currently in instead of overall stats. If its really tight, i might just fold, if its on the loose end, i'll 3bet for value, somewhere in the middle and i will flat to keep villain's range wide.

3betting or fold in SB sounds familiar, but im not sure if that's sound strategy or not. I've been away from the game and need a bit of review. I'll get back to this one idea soon.

Last edited:
T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could it be 3bet or fold in SB only when facing a steal?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would 3 bet this hand as I don't want the BB to come along and play a multi-way pot OOP with AQo. I want to get as much fold equity as possible with a good but not yet made hand when OOP. Against a 4 bet I would fold.

- UTG folds 43% of the time but with with 362 hands that does not mean much PFR is 18.5 so he raised about 65 hands, on average there are 3 persons behind to act which 3 bet lets say 9% of the time. This means that 27% of 65 hands he got 3 betted as a PFR which is about 18 hands.
- BB is reasonably tight so hes not likely to three bet squeeze when you call, but as I am not looking to play multi-way OOP and 3 bet myself the squeeze possibility is not part of my consideration.