$5 NLHE 6-max: 3 handed BvB how to play turn?

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
V id s 36/9/3, 3-bet 2x over 53 total hands (3-bet with 88 once). This is a short stack table.

River could be a bluff but this dude isn't folding a straight, may not be folding 2 pair.

Flop we are ahead, but turn V gets a lot of 2-pair (I assume he has Q8o and J8o. I also put him as wide as T8o and T7s. OTT we are behind in equity... play it as a check-call?

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players

BB: 66.4 BB
BTN: 48 BB
Hero (SB): 50 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) K:diamond: Q:heart: J:club:
Hero bets 4.4 BB, BB calls 4.4 BB

Turn: (14.8 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
Hero bets 9.8 BB, BB calls 9.8 BB

River: (34.4 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
Hero checks, BB bets 17.2 BB, fold

BB wins 32.8 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kind of sucks, but I think your fold is the right play.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being effective 50 bb deep you don't need to bet big on every street on this board. Also the BB seems too passive and according to your description, you won't get folds often enough to deny equity to his draws.
In this texture I can check when the V range is very wide. There may be some merit with the flop check-raise line, if the BB donk bet. But the turn should be played slow, a good amount of times.
On the river you come in with a bit SDV and you don't have enough capacity to bluff, because if you polarized your range from the flop, villain now has more hands that beat your bluffs, given the dynamics of the ranges that are played. If you want to call on the river, you are mainly beating somes Qx, maybe passives AJ, or splitting. The rest should defeat you here.
Greetings.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
You should check-call the turn, I don't see any reason to bet it. Villain won't fold a stronger hand. As played river fold is good.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check/fold on turn or check/call reasonable bet

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop is fine... turn is close based on the opponent you've described. I don't hate a bet, but normally this would be a c/c or c/f. As played, the river is a standard c/f with your stack sizes. If you were at 100bbs, I'd lean towards check-raise, although it would be close because of your opponent read. Against most regs this is a great CR bluff spot.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I play this hand differently. Pre flop we can play limp if opponent on the big blind is very aggressive. Raise pre is also OK. On the flop I play check. Once I play hands like this like hero and changed the strategy, because sometimes I got raise on the flop or on the turn and I had to fold with second pair because of bad position. Nowadays I play check on the flop, because usually opponents will bluff us on the flop. I don't afraid one over card on the flop. On the turn I play also check/call and I also don't afraid second bet on the turn. We have to make fast decision to show that we don't afraid our opponent. If we will make fast decision, opponent can afraid us and on the river he sometimes won't bluff on the river and he will play check. GL :)

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably look to check this flop as our hand isn't good enough to bet for value looking for a check back and also have enough sdv to call a bet,
I would be looking to keep the pot small rather than betting into a player oop with an average strength hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands