$5 NLHE 6-max: 3 bet QQ, A high flop 3 way

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering about the flop, what line are others taking? I think the rest seems trivial as played.

CO is an unknown but I get the impression after only a few hands they are recreational. The preflop limp and broken stack suggests they aren't great, so they might be calling a 3 bet with all sorts of stuff outside what a reg is calling with.

BTN I have 2100 hands on. 16/14/2. RFI of 39 on the button. Fold to 3 Bet of 69. 4 bet ratio of 1.5.

Pacific Poker - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 111.8 BB
Hero (SB): 112.2 BB
BB: 79 BB
UTG: 37.8 BB
MP: 104.4 BB
CO: 86.6 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, BTN raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, CO calls 15 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Flop: (49 BB, 3 players) 3 6 A
Hero bets 18.6 BB, CO calls 18.6 BB, BTN calls 18.6 BB

BTN can maybe have top pair decent or top kicker, or some sort of medium 2nd pair. Some flush draws or backdoor flush draws to the nut flush.
CO I find it very hard to range at this point, but they could easily have totally missed this flop.
The SPR is pretty brutal. I feel like a jam is a bad idea that folds our nearly everything i am beating, but don't like the idea of being passive and facing a bet, so I bet just over 1/3. If BTN was to raise me I felt I could fold, his stats indicated he very rarely raised a flop c bet. If CO raised I think I'd have folded without having a sure read they would do that with a flush draw or who knows what.

Anyone checking here? What sized bets are you check/calling if so?

I am struggling to put into words what this flop c bet is achieving though, besides blocking and preventing having to call a large bet. Basically I felt it was a very awkward spot and my plan for the turn was vague. It seems like a spot where checking and hoping for a cheap showdown is rather naive, almost certainly at some point someone is betting and a lot more money is going into this pot. So yeah, would appreciate help unpacking this one.

Turn: (104.8 BB, 3 players) Q
Hero bets 77.6 BB and is all-in, CO calls 52 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 77.2 BB and is all-in

With this SPR I just jam it in, I think this part is pretty trivial. If someone has a flush it just sucks to be me. Result here really doesnt matter.

River: (311.2 BB, 3 players) 3

BTN shows A K (Two Pair, Aces and Threes)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 33%, Flop 57%, Turn 0%)
Side Pot#1 [50.4 BB]: (Pre 39%, Flop 91%, Turn 0%)

Hero shows Q Q (Full House, Queens full of Threes)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 54%, Flop 5%, Turn 21%)
Side Pot#1 [50.4 BB]: (Pre 61%, Flop 9%, Turn 100%)

CO shows K 4 (Flush, King High)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 14%, Flop 38%, Turn 79%)

Hero wins 245.6 BB
Hero wins 47.4 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering about the flop, what line are others taking? I think the rest seems trivial as played.

CO is an unknown but I get the impression after only a few hands they are recreational. The preflop limp and broken stack suggests they aren't great, so they might be calling a 3 bet with all sorts of stuff outside what a reg is calling with.

BTN I have 2100 hands on. 16/14/2. RFI of 39 on the button. Fold to 3 Bet of 69. 4 bet ratio of 1.5.

Pacific Poker - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 111.8 BB
Hero (SB): 112.2 BB
BB: 79 BB
UTG: 37.8 BB
MP: 104.4 BB
CO: 86.6 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, BTN raises to 4 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, CO calls 15 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Flop: (49 BB, 3 players) 3 6 A
Hero bets 18.6 BB, CO calls 18.6 BB, BTN calls 18.6 BB

BTN can maybe have top pair decent or top kicker, or some sort of medium 2nd pair. Some flush draws or backdoor flush draws to the nut flush.
CO I find it very hard to range at this point, but they could easily have totally missed this flop.
The SPR is pretty brutal. I feel like a jam is a bad idea that folds our nearly everything i am beating, but don't like the idea of being passive and facing a bet, so I bet just over 1/3. If BTN was to raise me I felt I could fold, his stats indicated he very rarely raised a flop c bet. If CO raised I think I'd have folded without having a sure read they would do that with a flush draw or who knows what.

Anyone checking here? What sized bets are you check/calling if so?

I am struggling to put into words what this flop c bet is achieving though, besides blocking and preventing having to call a large bet. Basically I felt it was a very awkward spot and my plan for the turn was vague. It seems like a spot where checking and hoping for a cheap showdown is rather naive, almost certainly at some point someone is betting and a lot more money is going into this pot. So yeah, would appreciate help unpacking this one.

Turn: (104.8 BB, 3 players) Q
Hero bets 77.6 BB and is all-in, CO calls 52 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 77.2 BB and is all-in

With this SPR I just jam it in, I think this part is pretty trivial. If someone has a flush it just sucks to be me. Result here really doesnt matter.

River: (311.2 BB, 3 players) 3

BTN shows A K (Two Pair, Aces and Threes)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 33%, Flop 57%, Turn 0%)
Side Pot#1 [50.4 BB]: (Pre 39%, Flop 91%, Turn 0%)

Hero shows Q Q (Full House, Queens full of Threes)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 54%, Flop 5%, Turn 21%)
Side Pot#1 [50.4 BB]: (Pre 61%, Flop 9%, Turn 100%)

CO shows K 4 (Flush, King High)

Main Pot [260.8 BB]: (Pre 14%, Flop 38%, Turn 79%)

Hero wins 245.6 BB
Hero wins 47.4 BB

Once the turn comes, the hand plays itself.

On the flop, vs 2 players in a 3 bet pot, I'm check/calling one street and reevaluating the turn based on villain's actions.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop I would check, as I would expect a lot of Ax hands and small/mid pairs in both ranges. So I can't think of too many hands against which a protection raise makes sense.

Also in a 3 way pot I think at least the player in CO would not play his draws too aggressively on the flop.

Nonetheless, difficult spot on the flop. On turn I agree with shoving.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: fine.

F: easy check/evaluate. We're OOP, it's multi-way, it's drawy and it's Ace-high.

T: as played, I don't know what to do, as I wouldn't find myself in this spot. I guess I check/evaluate.

If we check and there's two all-ins behind us, what is our play? Why do you say turn is trivial?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard preflop in my opinion. On the flop the protection bet is totally valid. A more conservative action would be to check your entire range. But this leaves room for exploitation when your opponents play more aggressively from late position. So I find it more convenient to check in position and press a little more when we are OOP.
The turn is really bad for our range. Yes, it's our maximum cap, but it's also more likely that one of the opponents floated with a flush draw. So it seems more accurate to check now to control the size of the pot. And yes, painful as it is this is one of those fringe scenarios where we almost always call when looking for a better hand, but against 2 played opponents maybe we can fold a boat.
Greetings.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop, facing a shove after checking or betting, everyone would fold, right?