$5 NLHE 6-max: 10nlz 3! BvB, should we bet this flop?

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Let's see if you 'solver' nerds show up this time...

Low connected flop... should we be checking here with this hand?

Also, assuming c-bet is good... river bet size? just shove? I should have, I think. not sure why I was getting worried of the paired board.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 128.9 BB
SB: 215.9 BB
Hero (BB): 104.6 BB
UTG: 123.3 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 256.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8.5 BB, SB calls 5.5 BB

Flop: (17 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: 8:diamond: 6:spade:
SB checks, Hero bets 10.5 BB, SB calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (38 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
SB checks, Hero bets 20.5 BB, SB calls 20.5 BB

River: (79 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
SB checks, Hero bets 21.2 BB, fold

Hero wins for once :fight:

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With B vs B, ranges can become very wide throughout the hand, so betting and calling ranges will be far more open than under other circumstances.

On the river, stacks are set up to get it in, so I like a shove there.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im indifferent as far as pre flop goes. I think we should probably mix it between raising and calling. I tend to call too much and its one of my leaks but I think we can call here with a suited ace and see a flop in position. Raising has its merits too as we are going against a wide range here that we are likely ahead of. Villain might fold pre which protects our equity against hands like 107. I like the flop bet and sizing. I would assume if we were going against two pair here we would be hearing about it since this is wet as it comes as far as texture. We will induce a lot of folds here which we are happy with so like the bet. Turn card obviously is great for us unless we are up against 109 which is possible. I like a little bigger bet than you make it as if they do call I want to extra value and also not sure how many hands villain could have that I will get 3 streets from so I would want to get what I could here. River is not my favorite card for these spots however I said earlier if we were going against 2 pair on the flop we would have heard about it so I am not worried about the boat, just in the back of mind since it is always possible I am reading the situation wrong. I would bet here but I dont think I would be jamming as without 2 pair hands that are now a boat or 78, we would villain to have 6x for them to call us. I would go for a smaller bet to give villain a great chance to call. With the pot the size as played I would be going close to what you did but a little larger, maybe 27BB.

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop-I like the 3-bet sometimes, sometimes call.

Flop-We 3-bet and now a low wet bored flops and we got a piece of it. C-bet this open ender with with an over card. Bet size is fine, I would prefer 2/3 or 3/4.

Turn-Jackpot! It will not get better then this! It's great that you made your hand but you still should bet bigger then that, they are getting a good price for any draw they have to a better hand like a flush or bigger straight. Again I prefer 2/3 or 3/4

River- I find it very unlikely that the 6 pairing helped him beat you. If he had 2 pair or a set he would be playing much more aggressively because of all the draws on the flop. The only hands that beat you in my book is 64s and 44 if that is in his range. And at this point I prefer a shove because you have a little less then pot left behind and you have a hand that will win/chop almost every time here. The only hand you are losing too is 910 and again he would play more aggressively with the flush draws out there. And if you shove the river maybe 910 can wonder if you had 2-pair or a set that just made a boat.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
OK- thank you all. If we size up OTT, river Jam seems a bit better in that spot.

I know suited aces can play comfortably as a call as well... I just find that at 10nlz most V's are pretty tight, and we can play accordingly

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

P: readless flat, we have beautiful hand to play small-medium pot IP, no need to bloat the pot. Are you 3bet bluffing? Answer will guide you. BvB isn't same as HU game.

F: as played, horrible flop hits villains r/c range hard, no reason to bet, especially with our hand: we have Ax for showdown value and weak SD. Easy check behind for pot control and to take advantage of our position.

T: as played, bet bigger to 75-100% of pot for value and protection against FD.

R: as played, easy check behind, good chance sets and 2-pairs don't play for stacks on flop and turn. Effective stack behind is 65bb so the only bet-sizing that makes sense is a jam.

It looks like you're bluffing. If so, then we are folding to a check-jam, which sucks.

It worked in this spot because villain is weak player (playing a huge 3bet pot OOP & stationing his FD).

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree mostly with guys. I don't like 3bet weak ace b vs b like some guys. Weak ace rarely hit something good on the flop and when we 3bet pre flop weak ace we later usually have to play standard cbet as a aggressor. Weak ace play usually bad on the flop. It is very risky game, but If you feel better than your opponent from the small blind and if you are confident your skill post flop you can play like here. As played - we hit good the flop for A5s so in this situation cbet seems to be mandatory. The flop has a lot of draws, some strong hands are possible in range of your opponent. So we should be careful. Turn is very helpful, so on the turn we should bet for value and later bet on good river card. If on the river complete some flush I would check and I probably get the showdown. GL :)

Last edited: