BTN: 100 BB
SB: 95.6 BB
BB: 148.8 BB
UTG: 45.6 BB
Hero (MP): 142.8 BB
CO: 69.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 7.6 BB, Hero calls 5.2 BB

Flop: (15.6 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 5:spade: Q:club:
BB bets 7.4 BB, Hero calls 7.4 BB

Turn: (30.4 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (30.4 BB, 2 players) K:club:
BB bets 14.4 BB, Hero raises to 59 BB, fold

Hero wins 56.2 BB

This time the bluff got through. I have been studying about bluffing and read i should do it typically when I am low down in my range. Is this play good though? I think it is, but since I am not sure I am asking you guys.

Thank you

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big blind 3bet just want to steal you. So good call. It is normal that the BB C-bet at the flop so good call again. The turn card the BB checks then you can try to bet for half a pot that time BB might fold but you just check back. The river bb bets so I think for me will be a fold here because sometimes they have it. You just got lucky. If you did that 10 times maybe you'll get through 2 to 4 times.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - €0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB
SB: 95.6 BB
BB: 148.8 BB
UTG: 45.6 BB
Hero (MP): 142.8 BB
CO: 69.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 7.6 BB, Hero calls 5.2 BB

Flop: (15.6 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 5:spade: Q:club:
BB bets 7.4 BB, Hero calls 7.4 BB

Turn: (30.4 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (30.4 BB, 2 players) K:club:
BB bets 14.4 BB, Hero raises to 59 BB, fold

Hero wins 56.2 BB

This time the bluff got through. I have been studying about bluffing and read i should do it typically when I am low down in my range. Is this play good though? I think it is, but since I am not sure I am asking you guys.

Thank you
Vs players in your player pool this bluff can work but it is not well constructed- You want to think about ranges in a 3 bet pot- Your main flush hands here would be AX KX QX of clubs- yet you cannot have KX QX flushes yet you did not bet the A turn when you would have had pair plus flush draw- that means you opened with JX of clubs or worse and then raised pot on river. A better bluff line would have been bet turn shove river-Your Villain helped you out by betting river when the better play was to check bluff catch

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain's play doesn't seem to indicate much strength at his range, so trying a bluff makes sense from my point of view. Actually to try this you have to think that your opponent can fold enough dominated hands on the river.
Maybe this villain could fold with Ax off who feels weak and bets late on the river. Your raise size also seems acceptable to me since V's 3-bet preflop was a bit small, which could be interpreted as a leveling war when there are no more reads.
Greetings.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting spot, I think finding and studying river bluffs is highly lucrative, weather or not this bluff is +ev I couldn't say, but I do think villan caps his range when he checks turn to mostly at best Qx holdings, maybe KK and maybe a few Ax Club draws,