Stakes
$.02/$.05
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
Currency
$
One of my leaks is overvaluing TPTK vs aggression. This is a flop that is better for BB's range, I think turn is a fold. Does he overbet with any hand I beat? I'm thinking to begin to folding TPTK to overbets and pot sized bets unless against a maniac. Any thoughts?

Bovada / ignition, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 2 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

SB (Hero): $5.38 (108 bb)
BB: $4.83 (97 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.07) Hero is SB with A A
Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 4 6 T (2 players)
BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn:
($0.60) 7 (2 players)
BB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

River:
($2.04) 8 (2 players)
BB bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
TPTK would be AT. You have an overpair here which is considerably stronger.

I am not convinced by the flop play, is it really a better board for BB, you have all the sets plus overpairs and will have a lot of Tx. I think it's fine to cbet, but I quite like checking but to check-raise.

The turn card is awful and over bets are rare at 5nl, so you already have a bluff catcher, the problem is he could have QQ that he thinks is the nuts or a turned flush draw or other bluff. Our hand is underreported so I dont mind the call but it's close either way.

By the river we dont beat any value hands, so it becomes player dependent whether to bluff catch or not. Probably folding at these stakes is the best play, but for a cheap price and a blind v blind battle I could be tempted to put the call in. Looks alot like 9x rather than a flush with the half pot bet

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think flop and turn is ok and river I would prefer to fold, because a lot of hands beat your Overpair. 9x and a lot of two pairs, sets, flushes. All these hands are in the range of villain. You are also not blocking flush.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think solver would approve your play but practically speaking at nl5 if you see an overbet on the turn you can fold your one pair hands with an easy heart.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise flop all day. As played turn is fine and river looks like 2 pair based on the bet sizing. Normally this would be a shove, but probably at these stakes a fold is more appropriate.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i like raising flop as well the dark bet makes no sense at all.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have commented, a 3 barrel bluff is highly unlikely in these stakes.
In this blind duel, we normally expect the ranges to be wider. That makes your opponent's range also comprised of a set of random hands that probably beat you on the river.
The flop call is fine and being a low coordination board, except for the spades flush draw, it is also correct to raise to get additional value from worse hands.
The turn is special because your opponent has overbet. In these bets seeing these types of lines is not that common and the hands that overbet the turn will most of the time be hands that have equity against your value range. That is, you don't find as many crazy hands in your opponent's range, and the ideal is to keep your opponent's range intact. So if you decide to continue, the call is the most recommended option.
The river is bad for your range, although it seems like a very aaccessible price since you need to be good, about 1 in 4 times that you make it to showdown. Personally I think if I don't fold on the turn, I would fold on the river when I don't have a clearer reading.
Greetings.

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually donk bets are not strong. It is a heads up pot. I preffer raising here right away. But I you desided to call 7 is a card that gives most of bluffs a SD like 78, so your opponent may slow down a bit. And the problem with calling here is what you are going to do on R if it bricks and your opponent bets again, to be honest I fold here unless the guy is supper aggressive.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of my leaks is overvaluing TPTK vs aggression. This is a flop that is better for BB's range, I think turn is a fold. Does he overbet with any hand I beat? I'm thinking to begin to folding TPTK to overbets and pot sized bets unless against a maniac. Any thoughts?

Bovada / Ignition, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 2 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

SB (Hero): $5.38 (108 bb)
BB: $4.83 (97 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.07) Hero is SB with A A
Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 4 6 T (2 players)
BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn:
($0.60) 7 (2 players)
BB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72

River:
($2.04) 8 (2 players)
BB bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97
The hand was well played to the river. Nonetheless, if we consider Villain have a tendency to be more passive (VPIP 30 and PFR 0), we could find a fold for it either OTT or OTR.
Its overbet on the turn is very suspicious, and now BB could’ve completed a lot of hands and the polarization might signify some kind of protection for two pair, sets and straights, by the same token Villain has a thousand of bluffs so it is a very hard folding.
Having just a couple of hands played versus Villain, this is an easy fold. We are assuming that it is passive preflop and postflop, so it’s a very obvious player, fit or fold, that bets when it hits and calls and folds when it doesn’t hit (more often %).