$400 NLHE Full Ring: Preflop flat, 5-bet, or jam?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero has been running good, around 500 BB stack. note this is 2/5 not 2/4

UTG+1 is fairly loose. Around 200BB
UTG+3 is tight, pretty aggressive. 400BB+

Hero is UTG with As Ac
Hero raiss to 20
UTG+1 3-bets to 85
UTG+3 4-bets to 225
Folds around to hero.

What should i do here? I have 3 options imo.

Flat call, and let the 3-better jam.
5-bet
Jam.

Flat calling could turn this into a massive 3-way pot if UTG+1 decides to call as well, it maybe downplays the strength of my hand, though.

A five bet here would be in the neighborhood of 500-650 ish, around 1/6th of my stack. Utg+3 will probably jam, his cold 4-bet range is very strong, idk about utg+1.

Jamming here probably gets called at least once, but even if it doesn't it i still take an okay pot, around 60BB.

Which of these is my best option?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My gut feeling says 5 Bet in this situation to at least 600 (3x225 is 675). Your OOP which makes it more difficult to extract value post flop so would extract as much as possible pre-flop.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5bet would be standard here as AK may fold to your jam.

But I don't mind flat here to induce UTG+1 to jam.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With your image I prefer a 5bet here. I don't think we necessarily get the 3bettor to jam super often, but it's difficult to say without more info. We are also so deep with the 4bettor that I'd rather start shoveling as much in now as possible and stack off if he's willing.

From a range on range perspective, it's okay to not have a 5bet range here, but in this exact spot, it feels like it's so much higher value to 5bet that I would abandon balance.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I hate jamming if 4 better has a range of QQ+/AK especially considering we block half the AK combos weighting his range to QQ/KK. We have to consider what range we would make 5 bet here with... we definitely don't (or shouldn't) have a 5 bet fold to 6 bet jam range which means we are flatting QQ and AK and only 5 betting KK/AA and if we 5 bet KK and get jammed on a lot of 2/5 villains might only have AA... especially a tight one so there's a strong argument to be made for 5 bet folding KK which is obviously not an ideal situation. So is our 5 bet non all in range exclusively AA? because if that's the case I think I would rather see us just stick it in here with KK+ and flat AK/QQ it has additional advantages too because villain is less inclined to put u on AA when u just ship it

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could just call to induce a call or jam from the 3rd party. Want to get as much money in the pot preflop as possible and it may be easier to do so if you don't scare off the 3Bing person.

B

bark9188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I think I jam here. I'd rather get it all in now rather than having to navigate potentially three handed on the flop. I'm not sure we are getting the 3-bettor to jam if you call, but I do think we get the 4-bettor in here with a jam.