$400 NLHE Full Ring: Live $2/5 NFD + Gutter in a 3bet pot

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is live $2/5 (not one of the drop down choices so I picked $2/4).

I have about $900 in front of me.

I have :ad4::5d4: UTG+2 and make it $20 (table standard)

player on my direct left MP1 has $400 and 3b to $65. He has been on my left about 1 hour and seems fairly tight.

I consider 4betting but realize due to his stack size if he jams I'll have to call. that seems gross lol....so I flat (maybe folding is better?)

Pot: $137

flop :9d4::7c4::6d4:

I check he bets $80

I check raise all in.

I figure he'll fold all his AK/AQ hands and occasionally fold overpairs but as long as he doesn't have AA or TT I'm in pretty good shape vs all of those hands anyways with my flushdraw, gutter and 1 over.

thoughts?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold your worst hands pre-flop against a 3 Bet and I guess A5 suited is one of your worst hands so would fold that one.

As it played out check raising all-in on the flop with this a gutshot and flush draw is fine as you have fold equity and a loads of outs.

R

rysmith504

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's relatively easy to just get away from the hand after the 3bet preflop considering how tight his image is leading up to this hand.

After seeing a flop I would have flatted to try to get the flush for as cheap as possible. Don't have to risk that much of your stack with ace high since he probably has you beat at this point. And good implied odds if u hit the diamond. If he stacks off on the turn then it's probably safe to assume he's got an overpair at least and fold the hand

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So missjacki has Ad5d? If so, wouldn’t everything except calling pre be standard?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very loose usually and even i don't get involved with A5 from early pos. When he 3-bets with a tight image from UTG+3 with a tight image, it screams that we are dominated.

On the flop i guess you can call, remember that the gutter draw doesn't really add much equity to your hand. I think check raising all-in as a semi bluff is rather loose, and it is also a massive overbet. You jam around 800 dollars into a pot that is around 200.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop i guess you can call, remember that the gutter draw doesn't really add much equity to your hand. I think check raising all-in as a semi bluff is rather loose, and it is also a massive overbet. You jam around 800 dollars into a pot that is around 200.
MP1 started with 400 so it is not an overbet. I would raise all in on flop as played.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh i thought he had 400BB... that makes a lot more sense now! Thanks!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I def don't mind the open pre, but against the described tight player 3betting, we can absolutely fold. Also, I don't mind having this in a standard 4betting range but you have to keep in mind that we are early vs early and if he's not 3betting light, there's not reason to be 4betting super light unless he somehow has heaps of folds after value 3betting pre.

Postflop is a clear, fist pump, do-exactly-what-you-did spot. NH.

Organize a Home Poker Game