$400 NLHE 6-max: KQs From Btn Vs UTG

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

blinds 2/4

NL Holdem 4(BB)
HERO ($538) [VPIP: 24.1% | PFR: 11.7% | AGG: 23.2% | Flop Agg: 24.2% | Turn Agg: 21.3% | River Agg: 23.5% | 3-Bet: 3.6% | 4-Bet: 15.1% | Cold Call: 15.9% | Hands: 6807]
SB ($620) [VPIP: 55.7% | PFR: 15.7% | AGG: 42.1% | hands: 140]
BB ($514) [VPIP: 76.1% | PFR: 7.9% | AGG: 27.8% | Flop Agg: 27% | Turn Agg: 27.6% | River Agg: 29.6% | 3-Bet: 7.9% | 4-Bet: 100% | Cold Call: 66.7% | Hands: 421]
HJ ($250) [VPIP: 63.8% | PFR: 15.2% | AGG: 27.4% | Flop Agg: 28.4% | Turn Agg: 30.6% | River Agg: 20.5% | 3-Bet: 3.4% | 4-Bet: 33.3% | Hands: 140]
CO ($271) [VPIP: 48.5% | PFR: 4.4% | AGG: 37.2% | Hands: 68]

Dealt to Hero: K Q

HJ Raises To $8, CO Folds, HERO Calls $8, SB Folds, BB Calls $4

Hero SPR on Flop: [9.31 effective]
Flop ($26): 3 5 Q
BB Checks, HJ Bets $13 (Rem. Stack: $229), HERO Calls $13 (Rem. Stack: $517), BB Folds

Turn ($52): 3 5 Q T
HJ Bets $26 (Rem. Stack: $203), HERO Calls $26 (Rem. Stack: $491)

River ($104): 3 5 Q T 6
HJ Bets $78 (Rem. Stack: $125), Hero???(rem.stack:$491)

How often do we 3bet this hand pre?
should we call or fold on river?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard call, there are a lot of failed draws and we shouldn't give up with the top of our range in NL400. Eventually the villain could will have 5-6s; QTs; Q-6s; 4-7s. But we are blocking top set. While rank V has many bluffs that at this point could try to knock us down. For example A-2s; A-4s; A-K; A-J; A-T; J-T; K-J; K-9s; 6-7s; 8-9s; 7-8s + flush draws combos.
Against open HJ 3-bet with KQs at a high frequency is convenient. (70-80%)
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a weak player who isn't full stacked, as played, I think you have to call him down on the river.

Against a reasonable/good player, 3 betting an early raiser with KQ can cause you a lot of anguish.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be 3 betting here very often vs a 15% PFR at a 5 handed game with KQs. As played we are under-rep'd and I'm also leaning call. I could be convinced to lay it down with better reads though. How often has this guy triple barreled and how often is he using 1/2 pot bet sizing on the turn. That is especially interesting to me. In my experience smaller turn bets lean towards value and we can't beat any of his value range. If he had AK or Hearts I would expect at least 2/3 pot bet on the turn if not larger to increase fold equity. But maybe this guy just always clicks 1/2 pot until the river. With no other info on betting patterns and as played I think we have to call although we should be beat fairly often. Having the 60+ VPIP and shorter stack indicates this guy could be out of line more than usual as well.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the villains stats you have played this hand terrible. You should 3bet against this villains with almost all value hands in this spot and large. They love getting involved clearly. Post flop is the same story you want to be smashing 75-pot sized bets all the way down. They are absolute fish specially on the turn. On the river you should be playing for that fishes stack. Will definitely call you with worse hands

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking at the villains stats you have played this hand terrible. You should 3bet against this villains with almost all value hands in this spot and large. They love getting involved clearly. Post flop is the same story you want to be smashing 75-pot sized bets all the way down. They are absolute fish specially on the turn. On the river you should be playing for that fishes stack. Will definitely call you with worse hands
Villian Had KK

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Had KK

Nothing to worry about, this player is a fish. Our KQ was an excellent hand to continue. Because he was blocking top set of queens and overpair of kings, so we have to be calm down, because a standard player of NL400 would have stolen our entire stack here.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero is one massive nit if i ever seen one (no offense obviously).
Preflop mostly 3betting for value (obvious recreational player opens - we want to iso him right away).
OTF flat is fine.
Turn almost mandatory raise for value (exploit his weak sizings and most likely range).
As played OTR pretty clear call.

WHAT SITE IS THIS?

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

EDIT: i would recommend playing a little lower stakes. Please dont offend, im just being brutally honest and expressing my bias opinion

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with 3-betting pre here. Definitely a standard 3b against most players, but this guy's loose/passive, definitely want to flat and play a hand with deep stacks IP. Flop/turn/river are all pretty standard, your hand's just too good to fold at any point in the hand and against someone who doesn't raise a ton pre you don't have a good enough hand to value raise at any point in the hand.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one thing I will say though is your stats as shown in this hand are not good. Your vpip is on the high side but not terrible, but your pfr and 3b are both extremely low. You need to be raising a lot more preflop and calling a lot less. Again not in this hand, I agree with exactly how you played it, but in general.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Had KK
If we 3b pre and get 4 bet we can easily fold and lose the minimum. If we get flatted it still defines Vs range as his 3b+ range is very snug and allows us to lose less in position as we can c-bet smaller and b/b/x and fold to a turn raise or even b/x/eval since the pot will be somewhat bloated and our relative hand strength will be a bit lower in a 3 bet pot. As played this particular V has earned the river call in a vacuum due to his stats but as mentioned earlier his turn and river sizing do look like value so we can find an occasional exploitative fold on the river if we have seen different betting patterns with weaker and stronger hands that support that he actually has AQ+ this time. Even fish can wake up with hands on occasion. The other advantage to 3b pre is isolation. If we flat we are inviting the blinds to come along or worse yet squeeze our capped range and fold out our equity.

I don't see the need to want to stack off here with one pair K kicker vs an uncapped range though. V doesn't seem that maniacal.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we 3b pre and get 4 bet we can easily fold and lose the minimum. If we get flatted it still defines Vs range as his 3b+ range is very snug and allows us to lose less in position as we can c-bet smaller and b/b/x and fold to a turn raise or even b/x/eval since the pot will be somewhat bloated and our relative hand strength will be a bit lower in a 3 bet pot. As played this particular V has earned the river call in a vacuum due to his stats but as mentioned earlier his turn and river sizing do look like value so we can find an occasional exploitative fold on the river if we have seen different betting patterns with weaker and stronger hands that support that he actually has AQ+ this time. Even fish can wake up with hands on occasion. The other advantage to 3b pre is isolation. If we flat we are inviting the blinds to come along or worse yet squeeze our capped range and fold out our equity.

I don't see the need to want to stack off here with one pair K kicker vs an uncapped range though. V doesn't seem that maniacal.

I honestly think if I was in that hand I don't think this V has room to raise me on the turn. I mean, I think he would do 3b on preflop and then 70% on the flop and 150% on the turn, done.
I mean, I wouldn't waste too much time on this villain. If he have the kings it was just a cooler. I think getting into an argument with a V that has vpip: 63% and 4b: 33% doesn't make much sense. But if you tell me that 140 hands is an insignificant sample I accept that, and we can probably find an exploiter fold if we choose a line of 3 and 4b, with smaller magnification sizes. Anyway it would cost me a lot fold here, since we are facing a short stack villain that is, this guy apparently has all the conditions to play our hand thoroughly.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero is one massive nit if i ever seen one (no offense obviously).
Preflop mostly 3betting for value (obvious recreational player opens - we want to iso him right away).
OTF flat is fine.
Turn almost mandatory raise for value (exploit his weak sizings and most likely range).
As played OTR pretty clear call.

WHAT SITE IS THIS?

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

EDIT: i would recommend playing a little lower stakes. Please dont offend, im just being brutally honest and expressing my bias opinion
I have been playing nl400 for 1 year now!