$400 NLHE 6-max: KQo Turning Second pair

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

Blinds 2/4
HERO ($1628) [VPIP: 23.8% | PFR: 11.8% | AGG: 23.2% | Flop Agg: 24.3% | Turn Agg: 21.2% | River Agg: 23.4% | 3-Bet: 4.3% | 4-Bet: 19.7% | Hands: 15190]
SB ($277) [VPIP: 67.4% | PFR: 30% | AGG: 21.6% | hands: 191]
BB ($1215) [VPIP: 29.8% | PFR: 13.3% | AGG: 26.5% | Flop Agg: 29% | Turn Agg: 28.8% | River Agg: 17.9% | 3-Bet: 5.7% | 4-Bet: 10.7% | Cold Call: 25.1% | Hands: 1663]

Dealt to Hero: Q:spade: K:heart:

HERO Raises To $12, SB Folds, BB Calls $8

Hero SPR on Flop: [46.27 effective]
Flop ($26): 8:spade: A:spade: 6:diamond:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $15 (Rem. Stack: $1601), BB Calls $15 (Rem. Stack: $1188)

Turn ($56): 8:spade: A:spade: 6:diamond: K:diamond:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $17 (Rem. Stack: $1584), BB Calls $17 (Rem. Stack: $1171)

River ($90): 8:spade: A:spade: 6:diamond: K:diamond: 4:heart:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $27 (Rem. Stack: $1557), BB Calls $27 (Rem. Stack: $1144)

I think standard cbet for me on this A high flop against BB. Should i be checking back K Turn here? and what do u think about river super thin value bet which wasnt lol?

BB shows: 6:spade: K:spade:

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are both super deeps, you are IP and they have a chance to face each other in this hand. I guess in preflop you were looking for an induction of increase, since the blind position blocks the cold call factor that this villain has.
On the flop I think you chose an appropriate cbet size (57%). At this time we charge the value of some low and medium scale semi bluffs. As for example 5-4; 7-5; 9-7. We have a relevant blocker, but that shouldn't be a reason enough reason to extract more value here. Since the V did not increase in preflop. So we also do not want to add more implicit in their favor.
On the turn you are representing a medium value range, and I'm not sure if you expected high fold equity from this villain. But this scenario is unlikely given that we still face unlimited range and the investments made were very low. Also the texture of this board negatively impacts V rank and any other turn barrel of big size, you will only receive balanced calls. On the river the 4h is a bad street for our range, so any bet is neutral, because now even the pure bluff combos beat us, because they could easily choose an offensive line x / r. We only wait for a free showdown and recommended is the b/f line here.
Greetings.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn sizing doesn't make sense to me. What hand do we bet this sizing with for value? We are giving the flush draw an sweet price to hit. Given our small turn and river sizing MAYBE we can get value from smaller Kx here but generally a triple barrel isn't getting called down on an Ace high board with second pair 3rd kicker or worse in my experience. If the guy is a calling station include reads in OP. I think I would bet / bet / check with normal sizing or bet / check / eval since we pick up show down value on the turn. Trying to get 3 streets seems ambitious here.