$400 NLHE 6-max: Ajo from SB

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem 2/4(BB)
UTG ($133) [VPIP: 67.2% | PFR: 8.7% | AGG: 20.8% | Flop Agg: 20.2% | Turn Agg: 23.4% | River Agg: 18.7% | 3-Bet: 6.8% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 59.7% | Hands: 186]
HJ ($149) [VPIP: 74.7% | PFR: 8.4% | AGG: 23.1% | Flop Agg: 9.5% | Turn Agg: 23.1% | River Agg: 42.2% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 64.9% | Hands: 83]
CO ($149) [VPIP: 35% | PFR: 11.6% | AGG: 20.7% | hands: 1294]
BTN ($656) [VPIP: 35.6% | PFR: 6.7% | AGG: 30.9% | Hands: 1195]
HERO ($408) [VPIP: 24.6% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 23% | Flop Agg: 24.8% | Turn Agg: 20% | River Agg: 23.6% | 3-Bet: 5% | 4-Bet: 20.8% | Hands: 30282]
BB ($174) [VPIP: 80% | PFR: 53.3% | AGG: 43.3% | Hands: 15]

Dealt to Hero: J:spade: A:club:

UTG Calls $4, HJ Calls $4, CO Folds, BTN Folds, HERO Raises To $20, BB Folds, UTG Calls $16, HJ Calls $16

Hero SPR on Flop: [1.77 effective]
Flop ($64): 7:club: 2:diamond: 9:diamond:
HERO Bets $32 (Rem. Stack: $356), UTG Calls $32 (Rem. Stack: $81), HJ Calls $32 (Rem. Stack: $97)

Turn ($160): 7:club: 2:diamond: 9:diamond: 5:club:
HERO Checks, UTG Checks, HJ Bets $4 (Rem. Stack: $93), HERO Calls $4 (Rem. Stack: $352), UTG Calls $4 (Rem. Stack: $77)

River ($172): 7:club: 2:diamond: 9:diamond: 5:club: 2:heart:
HERO Bets $352 (allin), UTG Folds, HJ Calls $93 (allin)

HJ shows: 8:diamond: 6:diamond:

the question i want to ask is that should you be limping behind and cold calling a lot from the blinds instead of isolating due to positional disadvantage? where does AJo fall in which category then from the sb?
thanks

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, AJo is strong enough to iso-raise against these huge 70% VPIP whales even OOP. Your size is to small though. Go to 6-7BB here to get some folds and also create a smaller SPR, where its even easier to get their stack, when you flop a pair. It also usually knocks BB out of the pot, which is good, because any hand has significant equity against AJo.

Flop
When they both call, and you completely miss the flop, you should just check and basically give up. Maybe they check behind and give you a free card to spike top pair, and if not then just let them fight it out with each other.

Turn
Check-calling the meaningless "fish" bet of 4$ into a pot of 160$ is the right play.

River
I think, you are spewing money (I assume play money?) by trying to bluff here into these two fish. There are several things wrong here. The first is, that fish dont fold. Period. They will call with any pair, and this will tilt you. The second is, you might actually have the best hand. Some percentage of the time, it will get checked through, and AJ is good at showdown.

Finally, and this is more important against good players, your story makes no sense. Which strong hands would you check on the turn with only one bet left? The answer is none. You are kind of saying, you have a 2 in your hand and rivered trips. But hands with a 2 would not raise preflop and then bet the flop. Your range here is almost 100% bluffs, and this will be obvious to people, who can hand read.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great table...

There's no way I'm betting this flop MW into two fish on a texture that hits their range. This should have just been a check/fold, and move on to the next time you can ISO them.

Turn is std. I don't like raising, and you have to call. But the river... :( I wouldn't recommend trying to bluff two fish, especially when both of them are getting great prices to call w/ their one pair. Not a profitable bluff by any stretch. If it was only one of them, it still probably wouldn't be profitable, but two... no. And finally, the best part, your bluff on the river makes no sense based on how you played the hand and your range. If you had any kind of hand it would have gone in on the turn.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much agree with fund here. Preflop is fine, but missing the flop completely versus two droolers means it's time to shut down.

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flip, I would just give up. Your range doesn't hit this board very well. You have some overpairs but lots of overcards. You should bluff with hands that have backdoors instead.