$4 PLO 6-max: folding full house

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of my first hands at the table. I'm not really an Omaha player but do enjoy the game and trying to get better.

Hero BB $3.88 KsKc5s5c
Villian UTG $5.76

Villian raises to .08.
SB calls.
I call.

Flop: 7 Q Q

SB checks.
Hero bets .12
Villain calls.

Turn: 7 Q Q 5

Hero bets .24
Villain calls

River: 3

Hero bets .96
Villian shoves
Hero calls

I'm pretty sure I played this hand terribly, but was hoping to get some insight.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't bet the flop, pot the turn, bet/fold river.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I'm never really sure when to 3-bet preflop in Omaha. I rarely do unless I have a top 30 hand or so for the most part. Do you have any suggestions on optimal VPIP/PFR percentages?

I definitely realized I probably shouldn't have bet the flop, and once I was called I planned on c/f on any card besides 5 or K. I didn't see quad Q's coming at all. I was thinking Q7/77/Qx was most likely.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet for sure. Double suited kings have a lot of equity and we can double barrel a lot of flops/turns. It's hard to say what to do without suits of community cards and stack sizes but if you're deep and pot is average I think bet/folding is good on the river. Villian won't shove with a worse hand here so you get value from worse (trip Q's) and fold when better shoves (higher full houses).

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet for sure. Double suited kings have a lot of equity and we can double barrel a lot of flops/turns. It's hard to say what to do without suits of community cards and stack sizes but if you're deep and pot is average I think bet/folding is good on the river. Villian won't shove with a worse hand here so you get value from worse (trip Q's) and fold when better shoves (higher full houses).

This! I'm 3 betting pre and triple barreling this hand.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So what did villain have? 7796?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are few hands I 3-bet from the blinds but with a raise and call and double-suited kings I'm putting more money in. I hate the paid of 5s in this hand though, this type of HH illustrates why.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, at those stakes the villian will often shove with his trip queens and your full house would win. It wasn't that bad a call. :)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no. Not saying it never happens, but even noob PLO players understand what you rep when you bet this board multiple streets. Almost no one shove AQ on this river.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Essentially there are two points to take home in this thread:

1) An underfull in a single raised pot is not a "put your stack in" hand. We'd like to keep the pot size below 60 bb's, which usually means checking at least one street and folding to most raises.

2) This hand hits lots of flops, and you will be more comfortable stacking with the weaker hands this hand makes (small sets, overpair + flush draw) if the stack to pot ratio is small. Put money in preflop.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate the response. Looking back, I think I had to fold to the shove and definitely should not have bet the flop. I think there is a small percentage of the time that I may have the shove beat, but not nearly enough to make it +EV.

Thanks for all the responses as always, I'll be posting another badly played hand soon enough I'm sure.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one ever sees quads coming.......:(

Folding in Poker