BU: €4.83 (121 bb)
SB: €4.42 (111 bb)
BB (Hero): €4.58 (115 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is BB with K 9
1 fold, CO raises to €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls €0.08

Flop: (€0.38) J T 4 (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €0.18, BTN calls €0.18, Hero calls €0.18

Turn: (€0.92) 6 (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €0.65, BU folds, Hero raises to €4.28 (all-in), CO calls €2.14 (all-in)

How would you play this hand?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your check-jam line on the turn is good when you expect a high fold equity of the villain. But in this case, the barrels proposed by the CO possibly represent value bets. Therefore, this V sequence is unlikely to give up on the turn. Possibly I could call once more on the turn, to get the gutshot or complete the flush.
Greetings.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your check-jam line on the turn is good when you expect a high fold equity of the villain. But in this case, the barrels proposed by the CO possibly represent value bets. Therefore, this V sequence is unlikely to give up on the turn. Possibly I could call once more on the turn, to get the gutshot or complete the flush.
Greetings.

totally agree in this case I think the right thing was to call on the turn also the range of the villain after his raise X3 and the action in the flop and turn is between AA, QQ, or AJ (this taking into account that you have K9s) I would have called and see the river

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard call.

Flop
Either check-call or check-raise. I think, both options are pretty close in EV, so you can mix it up and do a bit of both.

Turn
His range is much stronger, when he bet again after getting called by both opponents on the flop, plus this turn card is a complete brick, so its not scary to him. For these reasons the first option, I would rule out, is check-jamming. I think, this is a long term losing play.

Next question then is, can we check-call? And I think, its close. He made a fairly large bet, so you are not getting correct direct odds to call, and you are not drawing to the nuts. If you make a flush, he will sometimes have the nut flush, and if you make a straight, he will sometimes have a better straight with AK. You are also out of position, so if you improve, it will be more difficult to get paid.

So while it might sound very tight, I think, I actually prefer to just fold here. But if you are going to continue, I prefer the more defensive option of just check-calling and then probably donk betting the river, if you make a straight or flush. If you improve to a pair and face a large river bet, I would check-fold.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I prefer play this hand k9s OOP passively. So pre flop standard defend with suited connectors cards. On the flop I play like you, check/call. I don't prefer check/raise on the flop, because we are out position and if you play check raise on the flop, you have also continue your aggression on the turn, then it will make a sense. That option is a little more risky. On the turn opponent play bet for about 2/3 of the pot. It seems that he play it for value. Bet on the flop less than 50% of the pot and later bet on the turn for about 2/3 of the pot. So on the turn I also prefer check/call and I want see what will came up on the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should be noted also, that we are playing 4NL against someone, who did not start with a full stack. So without any other info I will assume, he is probably a recreational player, and that his main tendency will be calling to much. So this is not the kind of player, we want to try and bluff, when he has shown interest in a pot.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should be noted also, that we are playing 4NL against someone, who did not start with a full stack. So without any other info I will assume, he is probably a recreational player, and that his main tendency will be calling to much. So this is not the kind of player, we want to try and bluff, when he has shown interest in a pot.
I think you are right and make it less likely villain would double barrel AK/AQ.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Standard call.

Flop
Either check-call or check-raise. I think, both options are pretty close in EV, so you can mix it up and do a bit of both.

Turn
His range is much stronger, when he bet again after getting called by both opponents on the flop, plus this turn card is a complete brick, so its not scary to him. For these reasons the first option, I would rule out, is check-jamming. I think, this is a long term losing play.

Next question then is, can we check-call? And I think, its close. He made a fairly large bet, so you are not getting correct direct odds to call, and you are not drawing to the nuts. If you make a flush, he will sometimes have the nut flush, and if you make a straight, he will sometimes have a better straight with AK. You are also out of position, so if you improve, it will be more difficult to get paid.

So while it might sound very tight, I think, I actually prefer to just fold here. But if you are going to continue, I prefer the more defensive option of just check-calling and then probably donk betting the river, if you make a straight or flush. If you improve to a pair and face a large river bet, I would check-fold.

I agree. All of this pretty much. Preflop and flop are fine. Turn with him betting into two opponent twice looks pretty strong. No major real bigdraws out there. Hence I’d fold

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Run It Once Poker, Hold'em No Limit - €0.02/€0.04 - 5 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG: €9.19 (230 bb)
CO: €3.09 (77 bb)
BU: €4.83 (121 bb)
SB: €4.42 (111 bb)
BB (Hero): €4.58 (115 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is BB with K 9
1 fold, CO raises to €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls €0.08

Flop: (€0.38) J T 4 (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €0.18, BTN calls €0.18, Hero calls €0.18

Turn: (€0.92) 6 (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €0.65, BU folds, Hero raises to €4.28 (all-in), CO calls €2.14 (all-in)

How would you play this hand?

I would likely check call turn again and fold unimproved.

you're getting a fair price, and given the opponent has bet twice into 2 opponents odds are he has a hand that isn't planning on folding to a jam.

Hope you spiked a Q!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. All of this pretty much. Preflop and flop are fine. Turn with him betting into two opponent twice looks pretty strong. No major real bigdraws out there. Hence I’d fold

pot odds are but 5% away from it being a profitable call, and then once you add in the implied odds (even if it's only for a small bet) I think calling here is a bit more profitable than folding.

That's just my opinion tho ofc :)