$4 NLHE 6-max: Lets play a small pot against a smack-tard.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have a friend's son who has Downs syndrome.
You're right, your friend's son can probably play poker better than villain in this hand.

And I also used the word "smack-tard", to be clear ;).

Raise pre IMO, lead flop, TID
I hate having terrible hands out of position against players who typically don't fold to c-bets well.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played I think calling turn is fine, all he's really ever got here is a ten or air I think.

K5 isn't awful and I find fish limp/fold more often than everyone seems to think.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously villain will call our raise with QJ drawing to a straight, and fold pocket 2's. Thus its both! Jesus WV, you're so bad at pokerz.

... Falcon. Put our opponent on a range. Once you do that, you should see pretty obviously why raising the turn is so awefully bad here it makes my head spin.

Let's get this straight.

I would fold to villian's bet on the turn.

But - I think raising the bet is better than calling the bet but both are worse than folding.

Calling is the worst play you could make on the turn.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's get this straight.

I would fold to villian's bet on the turn.

But - I think raising the bet is better than calling the bet but both are worse than folding.

Calling is the worst play you could make on the turn.

And the question you have yet to answer is, "Why?".

BTW I think it goes calling>folding>raising.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, you got me. They don't call me Mr. Results-Oriented for nothing!

And you still didn't answer the question. Just admit that you have no clue and you were wrong and we'll move on. No shame in admitting you were wrong.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, you got me. They don't call me Mr. Results-Oriented for nothing!

And you still didn't answer the question. Just admit that you have no clue and you were wrong and we'll move on. No shame in admitting you were wrong.

You're advocating calling on the turn with King high and no draws.

It's a fold on the turn, next hand plz.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, another thread where Falcon is just going to get owned, and will refuse to agree to anything. I suppose getting a reputation as a stubborn thick-in-the-head is cool where he's from?

As played I think calling turn is fine, all he's really ever got here is a ten or air I think.

K5 isn't awful and I find fish limp/fold more often than everyone seems to think.
Tens don't overbet the turn. His range is way polarized IMO when he overbets, and I don't think we ever see a hand with showdown value unless he's just spazzing with pocket 2's or something. Given the overbet, this is likely a big hand or a hand that wants me to go away.

And since I believe his hand range is like that, it makes raising the turn so crazy bad! If he's got monsters & bluffs, when we raise, we only give money to his monsters, and we get nothing more out of his bluffs.

Call>Fold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raise

Now Falcon, you can proceed to give me pithy poker phrases like "Aggressive poker is winning poker" and "You have no hand no draw, you should fold".

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man - I have a week's holiday and miss golden threads like this...just catching up

Oh yeah and I don't get the mentality of several poster who don't think it's worth fighting for small pots. Winning more than your fair share of small orphaned pots will have a HUGE impact on your winrate. Most of our big pots are won with big hands in cooler situations that, believe it or not, don't add significantly to our winrates! How's that, you ask. Well because when the situations are reversed we generally lose just as many big pots in cooler situations as we win, so the net effect is zero. So the majority of our winnings come for stealing the blinds, winning small pots with cbets, value betting thinner than our opponents, AND picking up small pots that people don't seem to want to fight for. Do those 4 things well and you can crush.

WV told me this a few weeks (months) ago and has really changed the way I think and play. A diamond piece of information.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man - I have a week's holiday and miss golden threads like this...just catching up

WV told me this a few weeks (months) ago and has really changed the way I think and play. A diamond piece of information.

Agreed! That's why I nominated it for TOTM:) And to c9 thanks for the chuckle. Sorry for being so sensitive...must have been my time of the
[ ] day
[ ] month
[x] year;)

Mac Poker