$4 NLHE 6-max: lead into on turn

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He did not lead into you on the turn, he check-raised you. AQ and Q9 turned a straight, and especially AQ is certainly a hand, he can have and play like this. And to make matters worse on this river card you do not even beat the worse two pair like KT and JT. There are also not many logical bluffs, he can have. So I think, this is a good disciplined fold. Being able to get away in spots like this will help you tremendously in the long run.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He did not lead into you on the turn, he check-raised you. AQ and Q9 turned a straight, and especially AQ is certainly a hand, he can have and play like this. And to make matters worse on this river card you do not even beat the worse two pair like KT and JT. There are also not many logical bluffs, he can have. So I think, this is a good disciplined fold. Being able to get away in spots like this will help you tremendously in the long run.

Sorry yes a check raise, looking back i think I could of maybe got away on the turn, what do you think?

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you were going to fold, you should have done it on the turn. there was no point in chopping the turn and then throwing the river away

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AGree with ramignis. Either shove the turn or fold. Calling only to fold on the river is not a good play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AGree with ramignis. Either shove the turn or fold. Calling only to fold on the river is not a good play

I dont hate it that much. There are players, who will check turn with a draw but then give up on the river, if they miss. So for me the final river jam is more skewed towards value than his turn line.