Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 84/16/1

Replay this hand on CardsChat

villain playing at 84/16 (24hands)
please read my comments before posting,
I understand folding TPTK to turn raises is a very bad leak, but against this player type I'm not so sure, originally I thought dumb fish has floated the flop with his entire pre flop calling range and he's now likely raising his rag ace.
another way i have now looked at the hand is that villains range doesn't contain many aces after he calls my flop bet on this dry board. After raising my turn bet, villain's raising range consists primarily of hands that have me crushed and almost no bluffs,
What do you guy's think?
Do we ever fold this turn? player dependent?
many thanks
jarud

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do occasionally fold similar spots when loose passive players show sudden aggression at micro stakes.

Yes I agree the board is bone dry and there is no natural bluff. Do you think villain could play AJ-AK this way? If not, I think you can find an exploitative fold OTT.

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he had shoved i think it is foldable. Your hand is pretty readable and he could have not only the 3 but a set o 8 too. Don`t know, that`s what i think.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone that bad can show up with anything at any time. That time he had it, but many times he won't. Many times he'll have a bad ace or just air.

Don't try to assign rational thinking and motives to people who are that bad at poker. It rarely works.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like betting the turn for value against a whale, because I think, he can certainly float the flop with AX, and he can also pay with an 8 and what not. But I also think, you need to fold to that raise. This player is pretty passive, so when he suddenly wakes up and essentially wants to play for stacks, it is pretty likely, that he has at least trips. And since he is playing 80% of hands, he can absolutely have trips. This is not like a hand against a normal player, where we can largely remove 3X from his range, because he called preflop. Its pretty incredible, that he failed to get the rest in on the river, but that was just good for you, I guess:)

Folding in Poker