€4 NLHE 6-max: AQs UTG

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone new to the forum so go easy, I'm relatively new to the game and have been playing microstakes online, I have a hand that cost me my entire stack but i think I made the right play?

Hero dealt A◇ Q◇ UTG
Fishy table so I raise to 4xBB.

HJ 3bets to 8xBB

CO over calls
Everyone else folds
Hero calls

Flop is J◇ Q♧ 7◇

I can't remember if I continuation bet or checked but
HJ shoved 125BB
And then so did CO 125BB

Ok so here's my decision I've got top pair and about 9 outs to the nut flush. At best about 11 outs or 40% equity. I'm getting pot odds of about 3:1?? Or 2:1.
Any way i thought that making the call was +EV so I made the call and lost to a set of jacks.

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks
Jarud.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your equity would likely to be 30% only as in this case either one of them would have a set - so it may not be +EV if you stack is 125BB

Tournament I may call in early stage though

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a math question so to hit your flush by the river is about 35%. If your pot odds are lower than this then you should call.
I think this is the case in your situation.
I would probably call as well but realise this is a high variance situation- sometimes you will win, sometimes lose

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a math question so to hit your flush by the river is about 35%. If your pot odds are lower than this then you should call.
I think this is the case in your situation.
I would probably call as well but realise this is a high variance situation- sometimes you will win, sometimes lose

There was €10 In pot and €5 to call so pot odds of 2:1? Or 33%. So probably if I ran his hand 100 times I would probably more or less break even? I Probably should of just folded.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you would be slightly ahead because you hit your flush 35%.
I'd still make the call.
You have to be comfortable losing in these situations.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can’t CB as pre flop caller.

So with the pot + both villains stacks your getting better than 2-1 on a call.

Pot 21

Stacks 120 *2

261 and we can’t bet more. 120 into 261 goes 2.17.

2.17-1.

We have to estimate our equity vs ranges. And although say vs AA without a D the flush draw has around 36% equity vs a set it’s less. This is because of re draws etc.

Being multiway will have an impact on your overall equity, the third player essentially steals some of each players.

We need like 32% equity to call.

If you think in ranges then choosing the medium hand villain might do this with is a good shortcut. Here at 4nl I can see KK doing this. Vs that hand it’s an easy call in fact we’re likely a favourite. But then there’s the 2nd caller which makes it trickier but likely a fold. In game going either way is probably fine.