Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4NL:

UTG-Villain ($3.78) - Fish
BTN-HERO ($13.08) - Fish but still better than the rest of the table.
SB-Villain ($10.19) - Donk on Tilt, has no Fold button and does Random Stupid stuff.
BB-Villain ($3.50) - Fish

Preflop:

UTG-Villain ($3.78) = Fold
BTN-HERO ($13.08) = Qc4c Bet $0.12
SB-Villain ($10.19) = Call $0.12
BB-Villain ($3.50) = Call $0.12

Flop:

Pot $0.35 - Qd3c7c
SB-Villain ($10.07) = Check/Call $0.27
BB-Villain ($3.38) = Check/Call $0.27
BTN-HERO ($12.96) = Bet $0.27

Turn:

Pot $1.16 - Qd3c7c 5c

SB-Villain ($9.80) = Check/Call $0.87
BB-Villain ($3.11) = Check/Call $0.87
BTN-HERO ($12.69) = Bet $0.87

River:

Pot $3.74 - Qd3c7c 5c 7h

SB-Villain ($8.93) = All-In $8.93
BB-Villain ($2.24) = Fold
BTN-HERO ($11.82) = :eek::puke:

What should i do??? :confused:

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might think twice about getting involved pre with q4s, even 4 handed. you catch an awsome flop. TP+ draw four handed plays like aces in full ring.

Flop action is fine.

We turn our flush, awsome! that bet seems fine as well. We probably have the best hand by a mile here, so no need to go way over the top with a pot sized.

What are you afraid of on this river? Sure, it pairs the board. He could have slowplayed a set, maybe. I don't think so. Woudn't 33, 77, or QQ bet? He could have peeled a street with 55, but again, doesn't he bet that on this board?

2 pair bets that flop and turn, imo.

The only thing to worry about is a better flush. from the info here, the villain is a tilting donk. He is probably spewing with A7 or a baby flush. Must call this.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well said here:
I might think twice about getting involved pre with q4s, even 4 handed. you catch an awsome flop. TP+ draw four handed plays like aces in full ring.

Flop action is fine.

We turn our flush, awsome! that bet seems fine as well. We probably have the best hand by a mile here, so no need to go way over the top with a pot sized.

What are you afraid of on this river? Sure, it pairs the board. He could have slowplayed a set, maybe. I don't think so. Woudn't 33, 77, or QQ bet? He could have peeled a street with 55, but again, doesn't he bet that on this board?

2 pair bets that flop and turn, imo.

The only thing to worry about is a better flush. from the info here, the villain is a tilting donk. He is probably spewing with A7 or a baby flush. Must call this.

The board is so wet that it's pretty unlikely we see 33 or 77 slowplay ever on the flop. QQ is very unlikely due to preflop and the same reason, as well as the fact that we hold a Q too. 55 is POSSIBLE but he'd have to call flop with 55, then just check call turn (which tbf is reasonable since the flush does come in).

However as TenJack says, this is a weak opponent who could be overvaluing a bare 7x hand or a weaker flush. I expect if we're behind we run into 75 and 55 mostly. And based on the exact action it does sort of "feel" like he hit the river (he just comes out and bombs almost 3x pot) but at the same time I think against weaker opponents we just can't find a fold here.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So from the moment he sat down at the table he pushed at random 100bbs+, in one hand i called him with AKs he had 75o and won then he cracked another players KK with T8s and many hands witch i can't remember but were bingo. I ended calling and he had QsQh. After this hand i was really disappointed, but cheers to him that he stayed at the table, allowing me to recuperate most of the money. Thank you for your replies. Maybe it's really lose to open Q4s on the BTN but we were 4 handed.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm.... I guess this is standard fishy play, only seeing "Hey! I have the nuts on the flop!", slowplaying it to death, not even paying attention to the board, and then trying to get it in on the river.

Also, make sure that you include that info about him being a bingo player, that can be important in narrowing down ranges preflop. It makes QQ even more surprising, seems like he would love to get it in with something so strong.

The lesson here is stay away from suited K and Qx junk that is easily dominated and gets you into spots like these.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Idk about that, being 4 handed with people that are ready to punt. I can't really play insanely tight. Yeah once in a blue moon they show up with a legit hand. But in the rest of the time they give me $

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-flop is fine, especially if you have a bad player in the blinds. On the river against someone like this you have to call. If he's shoving like that, then I think you even have to add some made hands he turns into bluffs (56, etc) here along w/ an over valued 7x and lower flushes.

Folding in Poker