2NL Hand Analysis

B

bryan2986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was really tricky for me... Was this the right call? I'm sure I coud've folded because AK, KJ , JJ was in his range..At the same time I believed that he could've done the same thing with draws and QQ... :(

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 477 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 9.65, 3Bet Preflop: 4.08, Hands: 118)
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (BB): 275.5 BB
UTG: 32.5 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
MP: 113.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 5)
CO: 119.5 BB (VPIP: 7.46, PFR: 4.48, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Qc Kd
fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 3 players) 3h Jd Kh
SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets 5 BB, fold, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn : (19 BB, 2 players) Ks
Hero bets 12 BB, MP raises to 105.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 93.5 BB

River : (230 BB, 2 players) Tc

Hero shows Qc Kd (Three of a Kind, Kings)
(Pre 25%, Flop 14%, Turn 14%)

MP shows Kc As (Three of a Kind, Kings)
(Pre 75%, Flop 86%, Turn 86%)

MP wins 222 BB

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see absolute zero aggression here, no raises at all. No clue to know if you are behind or ahead because of the non aggression. Especially pre-flop I would 4 Bet just to narrow his range of hands. You are also out of position on all streets, making you act 1st. Even betting the flop, you will know where you stand and the range of his hand.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your play is good, It's very difficuld to fold three of a kind K, but maybe you should just a call on the turn.

Nicholas Benedettini

Nicholas Benedettini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe if you would've been more aggressive making some value bets to see where you were at u couldve guaged your position and made the fold. and also entering the hand with K Q is scary knowing A K could always be there waiting for you.:icon_bigs

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do not have any statistics on the villain, and it's difficult to evaluate his range. It's just an unsuccessful distribution, it happens ... Perhaps you really did not make a raise on the turn, you could let your opponent play.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By 4 betting pre you put pressure on the villain and make it more difficult for the SB to enter. You would have garnered information if he calls or he 5 Bets. If he 5 Bets the SB needs a Monster hand to stick around, if not he is giving away his money and that is a good thing.(info for both, mp says he has a strong hand and sb doesn't care). Then betting out on the turn and say MP calls or even raises, more indication that his hand is still very strong and that the K is part of his range.

By figuring out his range you would have lost a little less then 1/3 of your stack with a possible fold instead of your entire stack.
By betting and being aggressive would show where you stand instead of cold calling and not knowing where you stand

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is tricky. I think in practice it’s too hard hand to get a way.

In theory you could argue that only hand you beat against ‘semi competent player’ on merit is KTs, and that hand do not shove usually. Against funny range: {JJ+, 33, AK, AJs, KTs} you have 54%, but against reg range {KK, KJ ,JJ,33,AK} you have 14% I would have not done leading on turn either, but surely there is merit on that play too (agros will go crazy, fish will call).

It’s 2NL though, if the player is right, he might show a pair of 77 here too =)

Last edited:
Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By 4 betting pre you put pressure on the villain and make it more difficult for the SB to enter. You would have garnered information if he calls or he 5 Bets. If he 5 Bets the SB needs a Monster hand to stick around, if not he is giving away his money and that is a good thing.(info for both, mp says he has a strong hand and sb doesn't care). Then betting out on the turn and say MP calls or even raises, more indication that his hand is still very strong and that the K is part of his range.

By figuring out his range you would have lost a little less then 1/3 of your stack with a possible fold instead of your entire stack.
By betting and being aggressive would show where you stand instead of cold calling and not knowing where you stand

how do you 4bet vs a mp raise and sb call? And since hero is the BB how do we stop SB entering if SB has already entered the pot because he acts before us pre?. We have 5 hands on the MP and he hasn't played one yet, sample size is way to small to categorize him as any type of player and the only range you could put him on would be a default 2nl range. Given that its 2nl and 2nl players call too much and don't fold enough, 3betting is likely to bloat the pot vs a player we know nothing about and playing the rest of the hand out of position guessing where we are.
When he shoves over on the turn I fold as i don't want to be playing for stacks on that board and against someone i don't have any reads on.

Queen of hearts

Queen of hearts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I make a set of icons with a map designation the next time I update the forum? It is not convenient to read the hand listings with the notation of type jc or th.

For example: :jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4: for all cards only

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I make a set of icons with a map designation the next time I update the forum? It is not convenient to read the hand listings with the notation of type jc or th.

For example: :jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4: for all cards only

By the way, I was hoping that with the recent update of the forum there will be something like this:

vOE1vGk-Rw_M7naFe6AKbw.png

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you 4bet vs a mp raise and sb call? And since hero is the BB how do we stop SB entering if SB has already entered the pot because he acts before us pre?. We have 5 hands on the MP and he hasn't played one yet, sample size is way to small to categorize him as any type of player and the only range you could put him on would be a default 2nl range. Given that its 2nl and 2nl players call too much and don't fold enough, 3betting is likely to bloat the pot vs a player we know nothing about and playing the rest of the hand out of position guessing where we are.
When he shoves over on the turn I fold as i don't want to be playing for stacks on that board and against someone i don't have any reads on.

So continually bleed out all the chips by becoming a calling station, works for me. You wouldn't be guessing by 4 betting and betting the flop. Cold calling gains me zero information and then hope for the best when the flop comes.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who said anything about being a calling station? I have a calling range , a raising range, a 3betting range , 3bet calling range and a 4betting range. KQ is in my calling range because its too good to fold , but will be in trouble because its likely to be dominated against hands that continue vs a 3bet.

ANd again .... there is no 4bet here , villain raised and if we raised again it would be a 3bet not a 4bet

M

Maydayncs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure about 3betting preflop here, but I think checking the flop is a mistake. Without any info yet, if he calls, then you can evaluate and decide whether to bet on the turn or not. If he raises on the flop, it can provide you with a lot more info on whether he's holding a beast or not. Unfortunately it's a hard hand in a hard spot to play

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who said anything about being a calling station? I have a calling range , a raising range, a 3betting range , 3bet calling range and a 4betting range. KQ is in my calling range because its too good to fold , but will be in trouble because its likely to be dominated against hands that continue vs a 3bet.

ANd again .... there is no 4bet here , villain raised and if we raised again it would be a 3bet not a 4bet

It is right there in black and white. By calling the pre-flop raise and by check calling the flop. No information was gathered what so ever by calling . A re-raise any place where a call is made will give you information compared to just flat calling. The only information we gained was by flat calling the all-in overbet which I would garner was an instant snap call. With 0 information to begin with, a re-raise anywhere you are calling will garner some information compared to having 0 information by flat calling. So with re-raising information you have, there is a possibility of folding and losing lots less compared to just flat calling and risking our entire stack.

but will be in trouble because its likely to be dominated against hands that continue vs a 3bet thanks for making my point. You won't know your in trouble unless you bet, hence the re-raise for information that you do not have just by flat calling

I personally rather pay the small price for information instead of the big price that got you the same information you could have for a small price.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you don't get it do you , we have a marginal hand preflop and going to be out of position , we don't want a bloated pot , we want to keep the pot small and play for a smallish pot .This betting for information bullshit is rubbish from years ago , the game has moved on .
This raising to get information tells you nothing and just bloats the pot . he's 0/0 over 5hands means nothing. if you raise and he calls you know nothing of his calling range because you have no idea whether he's an ultra nit or the loosest fish in the ocean who just happened to have been dealt terrible cards on the 5 hands that you have been at the same table.
HAving 3bet pre you won't know whether you are in trouble or not because you no nothing about the guy except that he will call a 3bet when he has position on the 3better.
YOu keep trotting out this rubbish about calling and risking entire stack . look at what i originally said
i'm playing that hand for a small pot , you want to play it for a bigger pot by raising and then cbetting the flop a % of a bigger preflop pot because you bloated it.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't get it do you , we have a marginal hand preflop and going to be out of position , we don't want a bloated pot , we want to keep the pot small and play for a smallish pot .This betting for information bullshit is rubbish from years ago , the game has moved on .
This raising to get information tells you nothing and just bloats the pot . he's 0/0 over 5hands means nothing. if you raise and he calls you know nothing of his calling range because you have no idea whether he's an ultra nit or the loosest fish in the ocean who just happened to have been dealt terrible cards on the 5 hands that you have been at the same table.
HAving 3bet pre you won't know whether you are in trouble or not because you no nothing about the guy except that he will call a 3bet when he has position on the 3better.
YOu keep trotting out this rubbish about calling and risking entire stack . look at what i originally said
i'm playing that hand for a small pot , you want to play it for a bigger pot by raising and then cbetting the flop a % of a bigger preflop pot because you bloated it.

Actually I do get it.. since nobody else has got it.. I'll show you where I was going..

http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/concepts/initiative/
having the initiative during a hand is just as influential as your actual position at the table.

By betting and raising your hand has unlimited strength in the eyes of your opponents

Now if he 4-Bets us after our 3-bet we can conclude that his hand definitely has unlimited strength like AK because we have no information about our better to start with.

By being aggressive and raising more often than calling, you are taking the initiative in the hand and giving yourself that extra advantage for when you hit the flop. That's all there is to it. This does not mean that you should be betting and raising with every hand you play, you still need to exercise common sense.

By taking the initiative, you are making it far more difficult for your opponent to assign you to a specific range of hands
So since our villain did this, he made it far more difficult for us to assign him to a specific range of hands. So common sense by flat calling pre-flop made it even more difficult assigning him a range of hands.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I do get it.. since nobody else has got it.. I'll show you where I was going..

http://www.thepokerbank.com/strategy/concepts/initiative/
having the initiative during a hand is just as influential as your actual position at the table.

By betting and raising your hand has unlimited strength in the eyes of your opponents
yeah 10 years ago maybe , but poker has moved on , even 2nlers now have HUDs and know full well if you are betting/raising/3betting unrealistically.With your hud stats they will have a pretty good idea of your hand range
Now if he 4-Bets us after our 3-bet we can conclude that his hand definitely has unlimited strength like AK because we have no information about our better to start with.
Have you never heard of 4bet bluffs, stuff that happened at midstakes years ago is now moving down into the microstakes but applied badly because people have heard of these concepts discussed in training videos without applying the theory correctly.Drives a coach load of horses through your unlimited strength theory from years ago though.
By being aggressive and raising more often than calling, you are taking the initiative in the hand and giving yourself that extra advantage for when you hit the flop. That's all there is to it. This does not mean that you should be betting and raising with every hand you play, you still need to exercise common sense.

and now we get to the crux of how poker strategy has moved on .Players now know that you only hit the flop a third of the time . check raising flops or floating flops to bet/raise the turn have become much more widespread and by bloating the flop you increase the amount you lose when you fold your missed flop to the raise.
By taking the initiative, you are making it far more difficult for your opponent to assign you to a specific range of hands
rubbish , he just looks at your 3bet stat on his HUD and pretty much knows your range,then compares his hand to your range and decides whether to 4bet call or fold.
So since our villain did this, he made it far more difficult for us to assign him to a specific range of hands. So common sense by flat calling pre-flop made it even more difficult assigning him a range of hands.
on the contrary , since we have no idea how this guy plays , we keep the pot small until we do get a read on him or sufficient hands on him to narrow down a range for him.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah 10 years ago maybe , but poker has moved on , even 2nlers now have HUDs and know full well if you are betting/raising/3betting unrealistically.With your hud stats they will have a pretty good idea of your hand range

Have you never heard of 4bet bluffs, stuff that happened at midstakes years ago is now moving down into the microstakes but applied badly because people have heard of these concepts discussed in training videos without applying the theory correctly.Drives a coach load of horses through your unlimited strength theory from years ago though.

rubbish , he just looks at your 3bet stat on his HUD and pretty much knows your range,then compares his hand to your range and decides whether to 4bet call or fold.

on the contrary , since we have no idea how this guy plays , we keep the pot small until we do get a read on him or sufficient hands on him to narrow down a range for him.

LOL it is more of a guide, hasn't changed that much at all. Poker is Poker no matter how you slice and dice it. You can spout trash all you want but reality again poker is poker and you can't change the concept of it. Try as you will but it will always remain the same. Until your trash proves otherwise which in this case scenario had everything stacked off, continue to play conservatively with medicore hands. Make calls out of position, lol won't hurt my feelings. So continue on, wilst I will do the same

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Something bugged me, and actually poker hasn't.Many poker players are creatures of habit, playing the style they are most familiar with. Online, there is no excuse not to have this knowledge at your fingertips.

No creature of habit considering the player just got at the table and according to the rest, no info on the intial raiser. But crap, this poker player who raised pre-flop isn't a creature of habit and did it with rags.

Wait there is more..

There you sit... just to the left
of the big blind.

This means you are going to be the
FIRST to act before the flop.

You can't figure out if this is a
position that you LOVE... or one
that you HATE...

It's really the position you love
to hate...

Here's why:

Let's say you're dealt a QJ offsuit.

You're one of those players who
loves just about any combination
of cards... So of course, this QJ
is looking very good right now.

You decide to call the big blind
of $2.

Drew is next to act. He makes it
$10 to play and one other player
calls his bet.

The action is back to you and your
QJ. You think, what's $8 more, and
call the bet.

The flop hits Q,7,4 and you're first
to act. Now what do you do? You've
just hit the top pair on the board
but are afraid to bet because you
have to put Drew on a strong hand
with his pre-flop raise.

He could be sitting on pocket Q's,
K's, A's, KQ or AQ...

All of which beat your hand.

You decide to check and see what
Drew is going to do. He fires out
a $20 bet... just as you thought
he would.

Josh folds and the action is back
to you. You're already in for $10
so you decide to see the turn card...
which is a 9.

You see where this story is going?

You end up becoming pot committed
and bet your stack only to see Drew
throw over AQ.

This is exactly how the first position
before the flop can get you in trouble.

If you play mediocre hands you are
going to get burnt.
Including K,Q especially in this scenario, coach didn't tell you about that now did he??

I just changed the scenario to get out of the possibility of being burnt by re-raising. If not I am folding because I'm out of position with incorrect odds to call with a mediocre hand.

One last thing since we are still creatures of habit from 10 years ago till now..
I'd like to share with you the REAL poker tells
that take place in Texas Holdem.

I'm not talking about when your opponent scratches
his eyebrow... or when he shuffles his chips... or
when he chews his gum aggressively.

I'm talking about BETTING PATTERNS.

It's been my experience that approximately 80% of
the betting action at a poker table fits within
PREDICTABLE and RELIABLE patterns.

Here's what I mean:

The other day I was playing at a $2-5 no limit
cash game with my buddies. I focused all of my
energies just on keeping track of PRE-FLOP RAISES
and POST-FLOP BETS.

Here are some examples of the patterns I
discovered...

First off, this older guy named Elroy would throw
out the occasional pre-flop raise. By the end of
the night, it was almost TOO EASY to figure out
what he was holding... just based on his bets.

His first pre-flop raise was $15. The hand played
out and he turned over 10-9 suited.

Later he made it $40 pre-flop to play. Again, I
was fortunate to see his hand... this time it was
pocket Queens.

Later he made it $25 pre-flop to play. That one
ended up being pocket Kings.

And he made it $15 to play on the button again
later... with an A-4 of diamonds.

As the night progressed, I "cracked the code" to
Elroy's betting patterns. When he had a monster
like K-K or A-A, he'd bet $25 pre-flop. It was a
bet that usually gets one or two callers.

If he had pocket 10s, Jacks, or Queens, he bet
$40-$50 pre-flop. This makes sense. He didn't want
to see a flop with these hands... he just wanted
to steal the blinds. Or if he saw the flop, he
only wanted one caller.

And his $10-$15 raises were simply "pot builders"
when he had hidden hands or something decent...
like K-Q, 10-9, or A-4.

Of course... it was NOT just Elroy that fell into
these predictable patterns...

Another guy at the table, let's call him Jeff,
would throw out a $10 bet on the flop every time
he was on a draw.

Of the fourteen times he bet $10 on the flop, I
saw his hand turned over eight times (it was an
8-hour game). AND EVERY SINGLE TIME HE SHOWED, he
was on some type of draw... whether it was for the
flush or straight.

So of course, every time the "make" card came out
of the deck, I knew Jeff had the goods... and I
folded my hand.

I even busted him once when he tried to bluff his
busted draw on the river and I won a major pot
because of this read.

The last great example from the night was with my
buddy Jack. He made several $40 pre-flop raises
with early positioning. He'd normally get a caller
or two for the flop.

AFTER the flop, it was always obvious if he had
hit or missed his hand.

Let's say the flop came out:

Q-9-7

All different suits.

If Jack came out firing $80 after his $40 pre-flop
raise, he had the goods. This is when he was
holding a monster like King or Aces and wasn't
scared of anything on the board.

But let's say he threw out a $40 bet... which was
the same as his pre-flop raise. That means he was
holding a hand like Jacks, Tens, or A-K.

He was scared of the flop but still wanted to
throw out a bet to represent the board and try to
win the pot.

It was a simple pattern. Plain to see.

But the sad thing was, no one else at the table
read into these patterns...

If I were in the hand with Jack when he followed
his $40 pre-flop raise with a $40 post-flop bet,
I would go back over the top of him. I got to do
this a few times... and each time I won a lot of
money.

Overall for the night, I walked out of that poker
room a BIG WINNER. And the primary reason was
because I tracked betting patterns and took the
time to get a read on my opponents.

OK, so let's talk about how to immediately apply
this new information for your next poker game.

There are THREE MAIN PATTERNS you want to pay
attention to:

1. Pre-flop raises

Watch carefully when someone raises before the
flop. PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR POSITIONING. A common
pattern is that a lot of players will raise from
the button no matter what they have... and this
can be "free chips" for you when you've got a
read.

Often times the HUGE pre-flop raises aren't the
ones to be scared of. Like in my example earlier,
Elroy bet $25 with monsters and $40 or more with
pocket 10s, Jacks, or Queens.

Find out what someone does when they pick up low
pocket pairs, suited connectors, and two high
cards.

2. Post-flop bets

The next pattern is what a player does AFTER the
flop. How much does he bet?

You'll discover players who "represent the flop"
consistently with the same bet size over and over
again.

You'll also discover other players who check-raise
every time they have a big hand.

And so on...

3. Post-flop bets AFTER pre-flop raises

This is important. This is perhaps the EASIEST
pattern to pick up.

After someone raises before the flop, watch what
they do AFTER the flop (this works best when they
have early positioning).

A lot of your opponents will "back down" from
their pre-flop raises if they didn't catch
anything on the flop.

This is because they're afraid of losing too many
chips on this one single hand...

If they DID catch something great, they'll show
it with a huge bet on the flop. The pot is big
enough to take down now, so they won't be afraid
of everyone folding.

And last but not least, watch out for post-flop
bets that are SMALLER than the pre-flop raises...
or that equal the MINIMUM bet allowed.

Sometimes this is a MONSTER in disguise... someone
who's INVITING you to go back over the top of him.
Be careful.

OK, so those are the three main patterns to look
for. The next step is to remember that a lot of
this "betting behavior" is COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS.

In fact, you want to SEEK OUT players who seem to
get into their "zone" and make bets unconsciously.

When you find a player like this, it's like taking
candy from a baby. Seriously.

You DON'T want to try to "figure out" an opponent
who's always CONSCIOUSLY trying to think of ways
to change their betting patterns... that will just
give you a headache and waste your time.

When tracking bets, categorize them by RANGES.

Most players don't bet the IDENTICAL amounts again
and again and again... but they bet the IDENTICAL
RANGES over and over.

For instance, Elroy bet between $40 and $50 when
he was holding a medium pocket pair. He bet
between $10 and $15 for his "pot builder" hands
like suited connectors.

OK, so now that you know the POWER behind betting
behavior and patterns, you must realize these
THREE crucial things:

1. MIX UP YOUR BETTING.

Don't fall into betting patterns yourself. Watch
your bets closely and track your OWN bets to make
sure you aren't getting into predictable patterns.

2. WATCH WHEN A PLAYER'S CARDS ARE TURNED OVER.

The only way to successfully discover betting
patterns is by watching when someone WINS the hand
and turns over his cards.

When this occurs, immediately review the hand in
your mind and the player's bets pre-flop and
post-flop.

3. DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU'RE TRACKING THEIR BETS.

If you tell your opponents (who may be your
friends) that you're tracking bets, you've just
shot yourself in the foot.

Because now THEY will start paying attention to
their bets and will mix them up accordingly.

If you're tracking bets with a pen and pad, tell
everyone the notes are for something else... don't
reveal your true intentions.

This concept of betting behavior is EXTREMELY
POWERFUL. If you use it, you'll win a lot of
money. Period.

When you first start off, the actual TRACKING
will be challenging in real-life games. If you're
playing ONLINE, tracking will be easy.

But don't get discouraged. The great (and
amazing) thing is, a lot of players fall into the
SAME BASIC patterns. You'll even start
categorizing PLAYERS THEMSELVES... not only their
bet sizes.

Your game will jump to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Betting behavior is the ULTIMATE "poker tell",
because it offers the fastest and easiest way to
put your opponent on a hand.

Not with some HUD or poker tracker, you can do this all on your own. Since betting patterns and creatures of habit will apply. The habit of raising pre-flop from some unknown person would lead me to give the benefit of the doubt that he has a hand to begin with. So wish again to say how things have changed in poker from 10 years ago but yet they still remain the same??

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so your example to disprove that online poker hasn't moved on and got a lot harder is to give a commentary on live play presumably from guys who just turn up for a weekly home game and haven't studied any of the training videos online and played a fraction of the number of hands that na online player has played each month.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my results playing 20nl on microgaming over the last few days.number of hands i s low because microgaming don't write hands where you don't contribute to the pot to the disk so overall theres probably 7-8k hands in total there.

url]

Since poker is so easy online, stick some money online and play some 20 or 25nl and post your results.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing hands that are dominated and offsuit is very hard multiway so theres no suprises that it would be even 4 times harder oop

For me id prefer suited oop flatting. Kqo im 3betting against fish or someone who folds too much.

U need some type of edge or u fold

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are my results playing 20nl on microgaming over the last few days.number of hands i s low because microgaming don't write hands where you don't contribute to the pot to the disk so overall theres probably 7-8k hands in total there.

url]

Since poker is so easy online, stick some money online and play some 20 or 25nl and post your results.

I would but as stated , I just don't have the time like I used to. One needs time to play because you can't get better not playing. One needs time to study their plays. One has to pick a certain aspect of their game to study each week.
I also have that life happens thing going on as well.

Is poker easy, of course lets take one example of people being creatures of habit. The pre-flop raise is usually 3X-5XBB raise with the top 15 starting pre flop hands. That is what we were told and we normally stick to. Just the nature of the beast. Granted low pocket pairs aren't done as much as the higher pocket pairs but it does get done. Human nature just doesn't change and then almost becomes natural instinct.

Natural instinct and human nature to call a pre-flop raise and wait to see what the one who took initiative does after the flop. So we do things out of habit and natural instinct. Things become ingrained into our thinking.

So when we pick up on people's habits and nature that becomes an instant bonus in how we can play against them.

Very nice stats by the way

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would but as stated , I just don't have the time like I used to. One needs time to play because you can't get better not playing. One needs time to study their plays. One has to pick a certain aspect of their game to study each week.
I also have that life happens thing going on as well.
but you have time to play live poker instead -when you could be playing 20x the number of hands in the same time , granted without the social aspect of playing with friends.
Is poker easy, of course lets take one example of people being creatures of habit. The pre-flop raise is usually 3X-5XBB raise with the top 15 starting pre flop hands. That is what we were told and we normally stick to. Just the nature of the beast. Granted low pocket pairs aren't done as much as the higher pocket pairs but it does get done. Human nature just doesn't change and then almost becomes natural instinct.
again demonstrating that you are out of touch with the modern online game.
top 15 starting hands pre is roughly 7% . if you are only playing 7% of hands you are gonna get creamed online as noone is going to give you any action when you finally wake up with a hand and blinds will decimate your winrate and rakeback/vip rewards are pared right back now so you don't profit from other peoples action anymore either.
Natural instinct and human nature to call a pre-flop raise and wait to see what the one who took initiative does after the flop. So we do things out of habit and natural instinct. Things become ingrained into our thinking.
which totally ignores all the training sites out there giving people default 3bet ranges , calling ranges and folding ranges to other peoples actions and teach9ing people how to exploit other peoples leaks.
So when we pick up on people's habits and nature that becomes an instant bonus in how we can play against them.

Very nice stats by the way

You are talking from live play experience against buddies who don't frequent the training sites and they are typical of the fish that were around 10 years ago. Many online players nowadays , are visiting training sites and the online games are getting harder as a result. most tables are dominated by regs with solid tag stats where beating the rake is difficult.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands