25NL; set gets c/r on scare card

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Total posts
Villain has been pretty tight-aggressive, he is running 14/14/2.0 over 50 hands.

Stacks:
- Mike_Griffith with $9.75 - accno7 with $23.80 - rrrbi56 with $23.80 - ropa3370 with $31.40 - Patriots28a with $26.55 - GunslingerZZ with $32.40 - IM_ALL_IN_212 with $11.15 - noitall611 with $11.60 - Cerbo with $7.30

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to GunslingerZZ:
9h.gif
9c.gif

Preflop:
**- 2 players fold.
* - rrrbi56 raises to $0.85
**- 2 players fold.
* - gunslingerzz calls [$0.85]
* - 3 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 7
* - Potsize: $2.05
Flop:
7h.gif
9s.gif
3s.gif

* - rrrbi56 bets [$1.25]
**- 3 players fold.
* - gunslingerzz raises to $3.75
* - rrrbi56 calls [$2.50]
* - Potsize: $9.55
Turn:
8s.gif

* - rrrbi56 checks
* - gunslingerzz bets [$4.50]
* - rrrbi56 raises to $10

Hero ????

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Total posts
Awards
10 outs even IF you are behind. The odds are right. Just call though.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
snapshove/fistpump

:D Summed up well there. You beat everything that would have raised pre flop except for a flush, if he has one thats just unlucky, hes just check raised a scare card probably because he missed it. I insta push

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Total posts
Awards
:D Summed up well there. You beat everything that would have raised pre flop except for a flush, if he has one thats just unlucky, hes just check raised a scare card probably because he missed it. I insta push
I wouldn't get too excited about this. You say "except for a flush" as if your living in a bubble and the flush is no more likely than any other random hand. The fact that he called, bet and raised certainly increases the likelyhood of a flush. In fact, this doesn't seem bluffy to me at all. If I were foced to bet on his most likely hand I'd have to say [As][7s]. But there's enough of a chance that he is bluffing, along with my FH or better outs that I call. I keep my fist under the table.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Total posts
Doesn't seem bluffy to me either dogs. Not that this is always a flush, but imo he's either on an overpair here that either wasn't sure about what to do on the flop and has now decided to raise, or a big pair that 'trapped', or it's a flush. I think occasionally you'll see some other weird hands like 56 too.

Anyways, as played there's no way I can get away from this. I think it's an overpair/bluff/other weird hand enough of the time (and we'll fill up vs hands that beat us) to warrant a call.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Call

Def call. Can't fold and no need to get carried away with a shove.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Total posts
I really like a shove here since what are we folding to on the river ? A fourth spade ? Calling commits us and we want a hand like AsXx to pay for it's draw. This can also be a smaller set or an overpair.

Also, a villain that plays that tight and always raises when he enters doesn't have a lot of AXs other than AKS, AQs, AJs so it is more likely to be another hand of AsXx.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Total posts
I really like a shove here since what are we folding to on the river ? A fourth spade ? Calling commits us and we want a hand like AsXx to pay for it's draw.
This is what I was thinking, meaning, my decision should be push or fold. If I just call, the pot will be $29.55, and villain will have only $9.20 left in his stack. Which means if he pushes the river I'll be getting 4.2/1 at that point. Am I really going to fold there?

Obviously I'm calling the river if I fill up. Maybe I can get away from it if a fourth spade or straight card comes on the river. But if villain is drawing at that one-card flush or straight, don't I want the money in now? If a blank falls, am I losing value by checking behind the river if he checks?

With deeper stacks, this is an obvious call only and hope I fill up on the river. But as played, with these stack sizes, is my turn decision now a push or fold one (heavily leaning towards push)? Or is calling the best play?

I honestly don't know the answer.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
I wouldn't get too excited about this. You say "except for a flush" as if your living in a bubble and the flush is no more likely than any other random hand.

What i meant was that, you cant fear a flush evertime 3 of a suit arrive on the board otherwise you will be folding a lot. That is what i meant but i said it in a rubbish way

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Total posts
Awards
No prob Switch, I get your drift, and I agree. But I think you'll agree that there are indeed times when you should fear a flush, or a str8. So if not now, then when. This just seems to me to be one of those times. Maybe he's got a weaker set, maybe he's got an over pair or maybe he has the flush. If it's a bluff it's a foolish one as Gunslinger has shown strength all the way. IMO the CR stinks of a made flush, and the bet size is begging for a call. His only problem is that he doesn't realize how many outs he's up against. Still, it's a close call. Sure wish GS would finish the story for us.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
No prob Switch, I get your drift, and I agree. But I think you'll agree that there are indeed times when you should fear a flush, or a str8. So if not now, then when.

Well im going on the basis that villain is a decent player and therefore would not have called on flop without the right odds, But on the other hand he can call there without odds if he puts hero on a set knowing he will get paid if he hits. Too confused