25NL holdem stacked

C

CJDude12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to find a hand review to write this in the format most commonly used on cardschat, but couldn't find one (i'm very new to CardsChat) so I hope I word all this correctly.

I'm sure there is a better way to have played this, but with all the opponents limping pre and post flop the tree of a kind wasn't even on my mind by the river. Did I get out played by a skilled opponent or did I punt my whole stack right into his hand like a fool?

Very eager to hear all responses. Semi new to playing for real money and have been doing really well up until last night. I've been stacked 3 times in a row since about 5 pm yesterday. And as i'm sure you can tell it's hurt my feelings, haha.

BTN-hero ($22.97)
SB-villan ($21.60)

HERO-A3s diamonds

checks all around

Hero (BTN) raises to $.75

SB calls
BBcalls

FLOP- K K 9 , 2 diamonds

checks all around

HERO bets $1.43

SB calls

BB folds

TURN- K K 9 7, 2 diamonds 2 spades

SB bets $1.75

HERO re-raises to $3.50

SB calls

RIVER- K K 9 7 2, 3 spades 2 diamonds

SB shoves $16.17

HERO calls $16.72

SB shows down K Toff with K K K T 9

HERO with 1 pair kings A high

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat as this looks like your first post.

Opening to 3x pre flop is fine there with a suited ace. Obviously we want folds but if not we are in position. On the flop I know there are 2 diamonds giving us a draw but you can either bet here or check here depending on your opponents. If your opponents are aggressive you may not want to bet to get raised but if you think you can take it down with a bet I am fine with it. Your flush draw should be valued a little less given the board is paired and it is paired with a card that villains could realistically have.

On the turn when villain leads why are you raising there? You are never getting a king to fold and if villain does have biscuits then you are forgoing giving them the chance to hang themselves. Also, why a min raise there? I would assume you are trying to rep the king but I think on a double suited board if you had a king you would go for more value then just a min raise.

Nothing comes in for us on the river and SB lead jams and you call. What makes you think ace high is good here? Villain donk led on the turn quite possibly since the board was double suited and they were scared of a check back by you and then a jam on river. I dont think your ace high here is almost ever good as some of the hands they would bluff with (if they were even bluffing) you will chop with or lose to (A10). The price is not good to bluff catch either even if your hand could beat all bluffs.

This is a hand where you should have played much more cautiously without the turn raise and then just fold on the river when you dont get there. Too many times you will be running into it here and like I mentioned, even their bluffs will chop or possibly beat you. Factor in the rake of calling the river bet to at best chop as well points all to folding the river.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules