UTG+1: $40.64 (163 bb)
MP: $27.05 (108 bb)
MP+1: $14.16 (57 bb)
CO: $47.40 (190 bb)
BU: $32.29 (129 bb)
SB: $25.87 (103 bb)
BB (Hero): $34.32 (137 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Kd 4d
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP raises to $0.50, 4 players fold, Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25
Flop: ($1.60) Kc 5c 4s (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $6, MP folds, Hero calls $6
Turn: ($13.60) 8d (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $11.50, Hero?

UTG+1 stats: VPIP 69 / PFR 23 / 3-bet 24 over 35 hands
MP stats: VPIP 41 / PFR 21 / 3-bet 0 over 39 hands

History and dynamics: In two previous hands UTG+1 had mini 3-bet my open raises making it 5BB over 3BB, which resulted in a cascade of callers behind. In the first instance someone in blinds pumped it up to 8-10BB with a short stack. In both cases I jammed. In the first case the mini 4-better called off with QJ against my AQ, in the second case everyone folded.

Preflop: Not my favourite hand but good enough with this price against these two goofballs.

Flop: Pretty wild overbet. Anyone for folding or maybe raising here?

Turn: Kind of same story. Fold, call or jam?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
why didn't you re-raise?
Since he is trying to push you around....
just my $.02

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In preflop you can raise from time to time. You must have a bluff range from BB and your hand is a good candidate for it. As played on the flop the overbet is huge. Almost 4 times the size of the well. On the other hand, our range blocks K-K and 4-4. So now they can bet us with 5-5; + K-5 + 4-5. The villain is blocking FD combinations. The texture leaves a few more bluffs in the V range. If the villain is very aggressive, he could block the flush with hands like K-Q / K-J / TPTK. So in this place we could make a call, only if we think that this player is very aggressive and looking for high fold equity with this size. Otherwise we could consider an exploitative fold here.
On the turn, 8th Street completes a straight, but I don't care about that. I think more of a set in rank V or pure bluff. So I put it in 50/50 ratio.
Personally I think it would jam, considering that its range is wide enough and we are almost at the top of our range.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB defending light versus known whales

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php
UTG: $26.96 (108 bb)
UTG+1: $40.64 (163 bb)
MP: $27.05 (108 bb)
MP+1: $14.16 (57 bb)
CO: $47.40 (190 bb)
BU: $32.29 (129 bb)
SB: $25.87 (103 bb)
BB (Hero): $34.32 (137 bb)
Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Kd 4d
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP raises to $0.50, 4 players fold, Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25
Flop: ($1.60) Kc 5c 4s (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $6, MP folds, Hero calls $6
Turn: ($13.60) 8d (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $11.50, Hero?

UTG+1 stats: VPIP 69 / PFR 23 / 3-bet 24 over 35 hands
MP stats: VPIP 41 / PFR 21 / 3-bet 0 over 39 hands

History and dynamics: In two previous hands UTG+1 had mini 3-bet my open raises making it 5BB over 3BB, which resulted in a cascade of callers behind. In the first instance someone in blinds pumped it up to 8-10BB with a short stack. In both cases I jammed. In the first case the mini 4-better called off with QJ against my AQ, in the second case everyone folded.

Preflop: Not my favourite hand but good enough with this price against these two goofballs.

Flop: Pretty wild overbet. Anyone for folding or maybe raising here?

Turn: Kind of same story. Fold, call or jam?

Hi fundiver199 thank you for sharing this hand.

The Preflop

You said yourself that it is not your favorite hand but you had price plus two idiots.
The little problem here is that when you call, although it is a min-raise coming from a wide range, you open space to play out of position versus two goofballs and I think no hand is going to play well on a scenario like this.
We are more inclined to call min-raises when there is no one else left to act because this changes our odds quite a bit. Or when the min-raise comes from Late Positions and we are the last to act, which is not the case.

the postflop

The Flop

Useless try to figure out which range is making such a huge overbet on the flop, because these players are not fully using their brains.
Here, if you really believe that your opponent is weak enough, you gotta have balls to put up a shove right here, because calling, having no odds for it, makes no sense. Or fold right off the bat, no seconds thoughts. Then you ask yourself why did you decide to call K4s from the BB.
Being an idiot enough, UTG+1 can show up either K5, KK, 55, 44, AA, or KQ, A5, A4, whatever, so we assume that on the flop we don't have the proper odds to be calling, because what is our plan OTT? Continue paying ridiculous overbets? What would be our SPR? And if it comes a brick and UTG keeps firing what the hell is our plan? Keep calling?

The Turn

Same story of the flop. If you believe your hand was good enough to be defending versus wild overbet OTF, your hand continues almost with the same strenght, and you should never be calling this, but jamming. Again, or folding ASAP, although that these guys are so weak that you most likely can have the nuts on a marginal spot as this one.
All this sad story began because you decided to call, using a pretty weak combo, out of position in relation to two idiots.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A passive player could leave you a simpler decision in preflop. I assure you that a polarized 4-bet of UTG1 would easily remove your hand in the preflop. Therein lies the importance of the use of bluffs.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally I don't call with that hand in the pre-flop but then on the turn with 2 pairs I raise with all my money and explain why he shouldn't have a set since he didn't do a 3bet in the pre-flop For his 3-bet statistic of 24 of 35 with a pair he would have made that 3 bet the only hand that is winning at that moment is 67 but it does not seem logical to make a bet on the flop of $ 6 with such a weak draw that is why I think it's a bluff attempt and I would raise on the turn

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand flatting pre with a suited K here. When I hit this hard with a hand I'm not supposed to have I don't go for max value. I raise / re-raise flop. Jam turn if anything is left. As played our hands are tied here. Doesn't make much sense to call off over half our stack. At that point the pot will be like $36.60 and we'll have what? $15 ish left in front. What are we folding to at that point. I think it's jam or fold turn as played. I probably jam as played. But I can also see folding pre, and would have raised flop.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand flatting pre with a suited K here. When I hit this hard with a hand I'm not supposed to have I don't go for max value. I raise / re-raise flop. Jam turn if anything is left. As played our hands are tied here. Doesn't make much sense to call off over half our stack. At that point the pot will be like $36.60 and we'll have what? $15 ish left in front. What are we folding to at that point. I think it's jam or fold turn as played. I probably jam as played. But I can also see folding pre, and would have raised flop.

I do not understand the need to increase this flop, which in itself is excessively increased. We are not blocking anything and the villain will continue with sets and hands that beat us. Also calling or jamming on the flop the situation does not change anything. We are still committed to this boat anyway. I agree to fold pre, but I prefer to bluff when I have passives rather than limp.