$25 NLHE Full Ring: top pair on a 3 flush flop.. best action to take to a C/R?

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/17/43

pokerstars - $0.25 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG+1: $29.49
MP: $67.98
Hero (CO): $29.61
BTN: $9.30
SB: $20.38
BB: $10.31
UTG: $25.27

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Kc Qc

fold, fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) Ts 7s Ks
MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP raises to $3.00,
Hero ??

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain/Super Whale had been limp calling to the flop for almost every flop he saw, only raising premiums, so pretty easy to play against.

Just wondering what the best line is here, do we come back over the top or flat and see what he does on the turn?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you say he's only raising premiums, shouldn't we fold?

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only raises premiums pre flop, also has a tendency to spazz out post flop.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if he spazzes flops, then it's an easy shove.

Regardless, I think in most cases it's fine with the chips going in middle, he is unlikely to of flopped a flush, most likely check raising As,x because they can get better hands to fold in this spot. He "could" have a king with a spade which check raising here is also perfectly fine.

The odds of a flopped flush however, are like 120/1 so usually they are my last thought in these sort of spots and in "most" cases I've found people check/raising in these spots with a pair + spade flush draw/ or just a flush draw. Either way, people get reallly scared in these spots and have a tendency to fold the best hand so even check/raising complete air is usually a decent spot which looks really strong so theres a high chance he's doing this. I'd be happy getting the chips in and expect to be ahead. Of course you can also expect him to turn over a flopped flush 1 out of 120 times, but I think people are also stacking of with a decent spade draw and of course a pair + spade draw so either way I'm quite sure it's profitable and + EV to get the chips in the middle now as just calling is the worse line I think.

Just noticed stack sizes too + limits. I guess you can just re-raise him, if shoved then maybe consider folding but I think it tough to fold here considering the player he is.

Last edited:
OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Regardless, I think in most cases it's fine with the chips going in middle, he is unlikely to of flopped a flush, most likely check raising As,x because they can get better hands to fold in this spot. He "could" have a king with a spade which check raising here is also perfectly fine.

The odds of a flopped flush however, are like 120/1 so usually they are my last thought in these sort of spots and in "most" cases I've found people check/raising in these spots with a pair + spade flush draw/ or just a flush draw. Either way, people get reallly scared in these spots and have a tendency to fold the best hand so even check/raising complete air is usually a decent spot which looks really strong so theres a high chance he's doing this. I'd be happy getting the chips in and expect to be ahead. Of course you can also expect him to turn over a flopped flush 1 out of 120 times, but I think people are also stacking of with a decent spade draw and of course a pair + spade draw so either way I'm quite sure it's profitable and + EV to get the chips in the middle now as just calling is the worse line I think.

I guess, I just hate getting my money in against a draw in a 50/50 or 60/40 spot when I know I've got such a massive advantage against this guy post-flop. I know its bad not to want to stack off here, and I would against an average player. Its just he's such a fish! He's pretty much giving money away.

Any thoughts on flatting and evaluating the turn?

D

DEdwardsNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

We are shoving like $27 into a less than $7 pot? Are we assuming he has the flush draw and is never folding no matter what we bet?

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are shoving like $27 into a less than $7 pot? Are we assuming he has the flush draw and is never folding no matter what we bet?

By shove I assume he means stacking off on the flop. More like making it about $10-12 (my bet sizing may be shit here) and jamming any turn.

He could be raising here with TP to get me to fold my possible FDs too, anyone considered that? Depends what level thinker he is.. he did do this several times during the session. (look down)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 29
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think it's possible he calls with worse, I'd 3bet. This guy is pretty aggressive so I think raising then shoving the turn could be ok

Full Flush Poker